EPG Year 2006 Bug (2 Viewers)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    So what do you suggest? Build a RC3 just for this Bug? Since there are AFAIK no issues since 2006-01-01 there is no need for other actions?!? Or do I understand you wrong?

OleBent

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2005
    ookmich said:
    Hi,

This seems to be quite an important bug that involves almost everyone. Wouldn't it be good to mention it on the frontpage?

And: isn't it important enough for an update of te official release (candidate)? A lot of people don't know anything about CVS updates, just want an "almost stable" release....

Michiel

I must agree on the mentioning the bug and fix on the frontpage part.
    I think the procedure of rollin´ a cvs over rc2 is pretty well documented and could be done by most without to many problems.

On the other matter i strongly disagree. Doing a "rc3" for one bug could easily led to severe confusion on the releases and schedules.

/OleBent

ookmich

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2005
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I waited until jan. 1st, hoping that this bug was only affected by the combination of 2005/2006. But I could only solve it by installing the CVS.

I would suggest to replace 2.0RC2 by an updated version, or to name it 2.0RC2a.

Michiel

cverbraeken

Portal Member
    January 2, 2006
    Still having problems with the tvguide.

Hello,
    can anyone help me.
    I installed mediaportal version 0.2rc2 and the latest cvs file ( mediaportal-cvs-01-02-2006--01-10) but the tvguide doesn't work with that.
    Is this bug realy fixed in the new cvs file ?
    I didn't change anything in my other things i uses before 2006 without any problem.
    What should i do ?

Kind regards

cverbraeken

Portal Member
    January 2, 2006
    Problem with tvguide

Hi,
    i download my programs to a tvguide.xml.
    When i open mediaportal 02 rc02 and go to the tvguide on every channel there is dislpayed "no information for this tvguide ".
    This problem appeared from 01 januari 2006. Bfore everything was coorect.
    I have read the forum and installed 02 rc02 ( i worked for stability with 02 rc01 ) with the latest cvs.
    I have a pentium 4 3GHZ with 512 MB of memory.
    Are there other things you would like to know ?
    Kind regards.

Bavarian

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2005
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

check the TVguide.xml if the data in there correct.
    Then open the configuration program. Check if the path to your TVguide.xml is correct and hit the button "Remove allprograms from TV database".

Start MP once again and load your TVguide.xml.

Bavarian

cverbraeken

Portal Member
    January 2, 2006
    TVGuide problem

Hi,
    i tried all of that but it doesn't work.
    I tried to change the name of a file in the database directory and then the programs came in the TVGuide but without program colors. ( it takes a minute that all programs appear ). After that i close the program and then i go to setup and then delete all programs and then read them all again ( to see if everything is working ok now) there is nothing more in mediaportal.
    The name of the files i changed was TVdatabaseTV21.db3 and i changed that to TVdatabaseTV7.db3
    It seems to me that the guide is correctly read in TVdatabaseTV21.db3 but that it is not transmitted to TVdatabaseTV7. What could be the reason for that?
    Kind regards

Bavarian

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2005
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

when you are renaming TVDatabaseV21.db3 then MP can not find this daata base and therefor also the additional stored informations in there e.g. the channel informations this will lead to the situation that when you want to loaf the tvguide.xml data to the database there are no channels and therefor no epg data will be loaded.

The are two solutions left:

1) take back the renaming actions and follow my earlier instructions

or

2) uninstall MP + DELETE the MP directory -> reinstall it

Bavarian

cverbraeken

Portal Member
    January 2, 2006
    Problem with TVguide

Hi,
    i only changed the names because i didn't work. SO i tried something new to try to locate the problem. When i rename the files to program creates a new file tvdatabese21.db3 and then the information is displayed in mediaportal.
    I will try to reinstall to program and delete the folder. Will i lose all my other settings then like my tv channel settings ?
    Kind regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom