Episode Management Options Missing in Titan (1 Viewer)

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

Maybe I 'm just not looking in the right place but I can't see the option in the TV recording screen to specify how many episodes to keep. This option is called 'Episodes Management' in the old default blue skin.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My TV -> Scheduled recordings -> Highlight a future recording -> Press F9 or Info/Context button on remote -> Select Episodes Management

Last edited:

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Awesome! I didn't even know that this feature existed in MP. Now I can manage all those endless kids recordings that are set to go every morning.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My TV -> Scheduled recordings -> Highlight a future recording -> Press F9 or Info/Context button on remote -> Select Episodes Management
    Cool thanks. Still it would be nice if it could be done when you first setup the recording like in the old skin. I pretty much always use the "every time on this channel" recording option and set the episodes to keep at the same time otherwise I end up with the disk getting full from some recording I forgot about!

eeknz

Portal Member
    February 19, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yay for searches that take you to the exact question I would have typed in a while. Seems to me like there is a space there in the skin where that button is missing from when you look at existing recordings. Apart from that one feature I think I managed the skin change unscathed. Everything works and looks pretty.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Cool thanks. Still it would be nice if it could be done when you first setup the recording like in the old skin. I pretty much always use the "every time on this channel" recording option and set the episodes to keep at the same time otherwise I end up with the disk getting full from some recording I forgot about!

I agree I prefer to have access into episodes management after setting the recording. Will have to go back to DW as I can't remember the difference, and maybe this is something I can suggest for ncoh/titan team after I get some screenshots & play around a bit more.[DOUBLEPOST=1371474604][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually if someone wants to post screenshots of difference in steps / additional clicks you need it would be very helpful and could potential lead to a change.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here the steps: First for Titan then DW:

Titan
    1. From the program info screen select the recording type. E.g. "Every time on this channel'
    Titan1.JPG

2.Press back to go back to the guide:
    Titan2.JPG

3. Press back to go back to MyTV and select scheduled:
    Titan3.JPG

4. Find the recording you just created, (it could take some if you have a lot like I normally do.) Select episode management and choose how many episodes to keep.
    Titan4.JPG

5. Now make your way back to the guide where you started.

Default Wide
    1. From the program info screen select the recording type. E.g. "Every time on this channel'
    DW1.JPG

2. Select episode management and choose the number of episodes to keep.
    DW2.JPG

3. Press back once to return to the guide where you started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom