Episode on disk but not seen in MP (1 Viewer)

Alexh

Portal Member
October 30, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,

I have 12 episodes of a series on disk, but only 11 are available in MP. File naming is correct.
I believe the reason is that thetvdb only list 11 episodes but this incorrect.
Is there a setting which shows all files/episodes regardless of whether thetvdb lists them?

IT seems that MP did show 12 episodes at one time but problem may be intermittent.
My server showed 12 episodes but when I rescanned it changed to 11 so perhaps online db changed.

I do have "Show all episodes in Local Database when in GUI" checked.

Thanks

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Are you sure TheTVdB is missing data? Might be part of a special (season 0), or you're supposed to help edit the data to make it more complete, but show might be locked because there is a dispute on what is considered 'correct'. The aired show might have been S01E01+E02 as one episode, which would be S01E01 then and then numbering is all off throughout rest of the season. They do support "DVD order" which is also supported by MP-TVSeries if there is a difference when show was released on optical medium, so perhaps verify more, or provide more details so we can actually help.

Alexh

Portal Member
    October 30, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I was very surprised too, it's Fortitude Season 1, there are 12 episodes but only 11 listed on thetvdb.
    Anyhow, to get around it I simply renamed episode 12 to episode 11 so I could watch it.

Thanks for the reply.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Sky Atlantic the production company only released it as an 11-episode Season 1, and 10-episode Season 2.

You can confirm this @ Fortitude

So whatever website is saying 12-episodes for Season 1 is lying and not counting correct, which includes Wikipedia and IMDb as these are just user contributed websites and mistakes are often made.

It's not uncommon for edit wars to break out over this, which is why show is 'locked' at TheTVdB, but you can't fault them for sticking with the production company numbers and how it originally aired. The pilot episode was just one long single episode that some people split in two (at least on Wikipedia, still no idea how badly IMDb editors messed up).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom