Error during installation (directx) (1 Viewer)

chevlar

December 5, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,
First time installing mediaportal 1.9.0 final on windows 7 64bit. I am trying to install in dedicated tv server configuration. I keep getting an error during installation of DirectX 9c. Note that I have the latest version of .net and directx already installed on my computer. I get a directX error that says I have low memory or a bad cabinet file (see atached image). I know the file is good b/c I downloaded it separately a few times and still get the error. Memory should not be an issue. I have temporarily increased the size of my swap file to see if that helps, but it does not. After I close the directx error window, I get a .NET error window as well (also attached), with the following details. Does anyone have suggestions for troubleshooting? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• preinstallation.jpg
    preinstallation.jpg
    77 KB
  • directx_error_1.jpg
    directx_error_1.jpg
    26.2 KB
  • net_error_2.jpg
    net_error_2.jpg
    75.5 KB
  • net_error_2_details.txt
    4.3 KB

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
I have low memory
how much memory is installed in your PC?
I know the file is good b/c I downloaded it separately a few times and still get the error. Memory should not be an issue
what file have you downloaded? where from?
Note that I have the latest version of .net and directx already installed
we need specific version of DirectX, not the latest one (usually under LATEST almost everyone thinks that DX 11 should be installed, but we need DX9 as this is the last version where Microsoft supports BDA framework for TV tuner control).

chevlar

December 5, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for the reply Vasilich! To answer your questions ...

-I have 32GB of RAM

-The directx file I download is the one mediaportals installer prompts to download. I have run the media portal installer multiple times, even selecting the option to download all the components first.

-I can't get infront of my computer to see exactly what dxdiag tells me the exact version of dx currently is, but I know it is dx11. I understand that DX9 is what's necessary. The errors I'm getting seem to be during extraction, before any conflict issues with current dx version would even come up ...

Thoughts?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Something is using DX. No wonder the installer fails.

[03/16/15 11:59:18] module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 6637, function: CMDXInstall::Install
    Failed API: InstallAssembly()
    Error: (0x80070020) - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom