[solved] Error for myfilms with MP 1.9 on a new install (1 Viewer)

deazo

Portal Member
September 18, 2008
Hi all,

I have to computers with MP:
- One where I have updated MP from 1.8 to 1.9, and myfilms and all plugins work well.
- Another PC where I have installed MP 1.9 from scratch and started adding plugins, and I cannot access the plugins configuration section because I get an error message (please see attached).
Would you know why?
What should I do?
Onlinevideos plugin also gives me an error.

thank you!

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    87.1 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I didn't see that error before, but also didn't use 1.9 yet ... did you install .Net frameworks as required? iirc, 3.5 also needs to be installed - so make sure it is activated in windows settings - beside the install of .Net4.x.

deazo

Portal Member
    September 18, 2008
    Thank you for your answer, I will check that out.
    What is the easiest way to see if I have installed Net4.x and iirc?

deazo

Portal Member
    September 18, 2008
    Hi there, and thank you for not answering it actually forced me to find out :)
    I've repaired Net framework 4 and activated 3.5 using this guide and It is all fixed now!

deazo

Portal Member
    September 18, 2008
    Well I spoke too soon...
    After a restart of the computer, I am getting the same error message.
    I uninstalled myfilms, then reinstalled it (and received the attached error message during installation) and I am getting the same error message.
    I have disabled then re enabled 3.5 and I am still getting the error.
    Can you help please? What does the attached error message mean, considering I received it at the end of myfilms installation?

Attachments

• error1.jpg
      error1.jpg
      31.3 KB

deazo

Portal Member
    September 18, 2008
    Hi Guzzi, I am including the log files in case you are able to decrypt them.
    I had a look and the error appears in the configuration log.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Looks like this one ... not sure if it is the same, but some ppl with install problems reported that it was solved by installing .Net4.5.
    The exception probably happens when the pluginconfigloader is started (at the end of the install) - the one packed into the latest installer is compiled for .Net4 - so should work. Maybe it is worth to check the MP directory for the pluginconfigloader.exe - the one I use is dated 8.4.2014 with 34.816 bytes (and that one should be packed into MyFilms installer). You should still be able to launch MyFilms configuration via the MP setup tool - the pluginconfigloader is only used at the end of the install or if you start the myfilms config via the installed icon.

deazo

Portal Member
    September 18, 2008
    I have installed 4.5, so far so good it is all working.
    Thank you so much for your reactivity Guzzi you made this difficult moment very short!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom