Error getting playback urls for video (1 Viewer)

fritzelly

Portal Member
January 17, 2011
"Error getting playback urls for video"

Seems about the only sites that work are YouTube and NASA

Log attached, SAF latest version installed along with the URL splitter.
This is a brand new install

Thanks for any help

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Also have this issue. Affects all of my sites apart from Youtube. Can navigate around and see links to content, but when you click to play something it stays at 0% buffering and then craps out with "Error getting playback urls for video".

Im running Win7 with MP1.12 and latest version of Online Videos.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    "Error getting playback urls for video"

Seems about the only sites that work are YouTube and NASA

Log attached, SAF latest version installed along with the URL splitter.
    This is a brand new install

Thanks for any help
    I see you've tried 2 sites (svtplay and filmon). Don't know if svtplay is/was broken but I definitely can confirm that filmon is broken, so that you're unable to playback from filmon is to be expected.

There is a section in the onlinevideos configuration where you can test if codecs and such are properly installed

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Then you just may have had some bad luck testing just those sites that were broken.
    Are there any particular sites you want to watch and are not working?

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Please see attached for my logs on the same issue. YouTube works fine, but trying to watch something on iplayer throws a URL error.

Looking at the logs shows that the Warning is coming from the line...

Code:
    [08-10 21:01:27,256] [OnlineVideos] [WARN ] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xFFFFFFEC): Exception from HRESULT: 0xFFFFFFEC
       at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
       at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode)
       at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.Player.OnlineVideosPlayer.BufferFile(SiteUtilBase siteUtil)

Not sure what this exception is, any pointers would be appreciated.

TIA :)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Please see attached for my logs on the same issue. YouTube works fine, but trying to watch something on iplayer throws a URL error.

Looking at the logs shows that the Warning is coming from the line...

Code:
    [08-10 21:01:27,256] [OnlineVideos] [WARN ] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xFFFFFFEC): Exception from HRESULT: 0xFFFFFFEC
       at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
       at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode)
       at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.Player.OnlineVideosPlayer.BufferFile(SiteUtilBase siteUtil)

Not sure what this exception is, any pointers would be appreciated.

TIA :)

First thing you have to do is let autoupdate do it's job. That pulls in the newest dll's of the site (hint: in onlinevideos.log is stated that my dll (OnlineVideos.Sites.doskabouter) is from june, but it should be from august.
    Sitemanager is explained here https://code.google.com/p/mp-onlinevideos2/wiki/SiteManager for manual updates, but the easiest thing is to go to the onlinevideos configuration and tell it to "update sites on first load" only every couple of hours.

If that's already configured correctly, it could be that mediaportal hasn't sufficient rights to update the dll's in the program files directory.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Just did an automatic update and also changed the update settings to every couple of hours for future use but still the same problem. New logs attached :(

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Compiletime of OnlineVideos.Sites.doskabouter is still from june. Next guess would be insufficient rights on the onlinevideos directory in c:\program files

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Compiletime of OnlineVideos.Sites.doskabouter is still from june. Next guess would be insufficient rights on the onlinevideos directory in c:\program files

So basically Onlinevideos isnt updating its sites on update. How do i fix the issue of rights? It was all working up until a few months ago, not sure what could have changed.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom