Error Getting Site Overview - Resolved (1 Viewer)

Zorba

Portal Member
December 13, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Okay, I actually have two problems. I'll start with the bigger of the two.

I am running Win XP Pro SP3, with all updates.

I just upgraded to MP 1.1 RC2 from 1.1 Beta. I also just installed OnlineVideos 0.20, I was perviously running an earlier version. When I open OnlineVideos it asks to do an update, I hit okay. Then it thinks for a moment, then give me the "Error getting site overview from webservice." I tried increasing the timeout time to 120 seconds, but this did not help. After this if I try to watch any videos I get an error stating "Error getting category videos." The previous version of onlinevideos could grab the movies just fine, so I am not sure what the problem is.

This is a snippet of my log file:

2010-04-26 17:56:32.734375 [Info.][OnlineVideos(15)]: [OnlineVideos]System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.2.18.89:8002
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at OnlineVideos.OnlineVideosWebservice.OnlineVideosService.GetSitesOverview()
at OnlineVideos.GUIOnlineVideos.<>c__DisplayClass45.<AutoUpdate>b__42()
at OnlineVideos.Gui2UtilConnector.<>c__DisplayClass5.<ExecuteInBackgroundAndWait>b__1()
2010-04-26 17:56:32.750000 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: WindowManager: unroute to MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogProgress:101->OnlineVideos.GUIOnlineVideos:4755
2010-04-26 17:56:32.750000 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: WindowManager: route OnlineVideos.GUIOnlineVideos:4755->MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogNotify:2016
2010-04-26 17:56:32.750000 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: DialogWindow: MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogNotify init
2010-04-26 17:56:37.750000 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: WindowManager: unroute to MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogNotify:2016->OnlineVideos.GUIOnlineVideos:4755
2010-04-26 17:56:37.750000 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: [OnlineVideos]Looking for SiteUtils in Assembly: OnlineVideos
2010-04-26 17:56:37.765625 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: [OnlineVideos]Looking for SiteUtils in Assembly: OnlineVideos.Sites.apondman
2010-04-26 17:56:37.765625 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: [OnlineVideos]Looking for SiteUtils in Assembly: OnlineVideos.Sites.doskabouter
2010-04-26 17:56:37.765625 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: [OnlineVideos]Looking for SiteUtils in Assembly: OnlineVideos.Sites.hioctane
2010-04-26 17:56:37.765625 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: [OnlineVideos]Looking for SiteUtils in Assembly: OnlineVideos.Sites.offbyone
2010-04-26 17:56:37.890625 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: [OnlineVideos]Loading script files
2010-04-26 17:56:37.890625 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: [OnlineVideos]OnPageLoad. CurrentState:sites
2010-04-26 17:56:37.921875 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: [OnlineVideos]Updating View State
2010-04-26 17:56:37.921875 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: [OnlineVideos]Hiding Search buttons
2010-04-26 17:58:51.859375 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Main: Exit requested

The other problem I am having, which I also had with the previous version, is that the side menu will not open. I am using Blue3wide and have also tried XFactor. Any help here would also be greatly appreciated.

Zorba

Portal Member
December 13, 2009
Home Country
Re: Error Getting Site Overview

Okay, I think I fixed my first problem. I had MediaPortal installed in a custom folder, instead of \Team MediaPortal\, so I reinstalled it to the default path and now I can download updates and actually watch movies. But I am still having the menu problem.

Carpnutter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2007

Hi All

I am finding the same issue, with regard to the "Error getting site overview from webservice." I upgrade from 0.19 to 0.20

Windows 7 64bit - new build MP 1.1 rc2 - xfactor skin

logs excerpt

2010-04-27 13:27:08.157516 [Info.][OnlineVideos(28)]: [OnlineVideos]System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.2.18.89:8002
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
    at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at OnlineVideos.OnlineVideosWebservice.OnlineVideosService.GetSitesOverview()
    at OnlineVideos.GUIOnlineVideos.<>c__DisplayClass45.<AutoUpdate>b__42()
    at OnlineVideos.Gui2UtilConnector.<>c__DisplayClass5.<ExecuteInBackgroundAndWait>b__1()

Please can you help?

many thanks in advance.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

a) Did the AutoUpdate ever work or just stop working now?
    b) OnlineVideos runs just fine without the AutoUpdate. You can turn it off in the plugin config.

What IP is this: 10.2.18.89:8002 ? Are you connecting through a proxy? As the log states you are getting a connection timeout, check your internet connection, firewall settings, proxy, ... All that's needed is port 80 for http to be open.

Carpnutter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2007

Hi Offbyone

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

It used to work no problems at all. I was wondering where the 10.2.18.89:8002 came from myself? I am not running a 10.x.x.x network or using a proxy at all at home. I get the time out for the autoupdate and each one of the site i have listed yahoomusic , tedtalk, iplayer all time out.
    I can see proxy in the iplayer options but not for the others.

I have full access to everything else on the machine, including webbrowser plugin through MP and on fbrowser direcrtly from the O/S.

I havent blocked any access to port 80 at all.

Thanks

Carpnutter

p.s. i am currently at work but if you need anything else please let me know i will send asap.
    p.p.s also let me know if i am being a fool :)

Zorba

Portal Member
    December 13, 2009
    Home Country

Is your mediaportal installed in the default "\team mediaportal\" folder?

Notice that my log file had the exact same IP address it in when I was having the error, no proxy, etc on my side either.

offbyone - do you have any ideas on the menu issue I am having?

Carpnutter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2007

Hi Zorba

Its all standard and installed to the default location. I am not sure where the IP comes from.

Thanks

Carpnutter

Carpnutter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2007

Hi All

Have managed to resolve this, as part of me updating i updated the xfactor sking as this had the fanart handler included. Under the music setting came a proxy option. This matched the IP and port to which Online video was trying to work. This was enabled as standard.
    I have since disabled this and it is all working again.

Thanks

Carpnutter:oops:

Zorba

Portal Member
    December 13, 2009
    Home Country

Interesting, that is probably what was wrong with mine also, since I had installed xfactor before OnlineVideos, and then I did the reinstall without reinstalling Xfactor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom