Error loading several EPG channel icons (1 Viewer)

civikdude

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
U.S.A.
Several of the EPG channel icons downloaded using the xmltv.exe tool are not loading in MP. An error is logged for each "bad" icon. The only difference I can see is that the image properties differ slighly from those of other "working" icons.

Image properties for all "bad" icons:
WxH: 30x30 pixels
Resolution: 96 dpi
Bit Depth: 8

It looks like all other "working" icons have a resolution of 72 dpi, and a bit depth of 24.

Receiving the following error in error.log:
9/19/2005 11:04:03 AM TextureManage:LoadGraphic(thumbs\tv\logos\ESPN2.jpg) failed:Error in the application.
-2005529767 (D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.TextureLoader.FromFile(Device device, String srcFile, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 mipLevels, Usage usage, Format format, Pool pool, Filter filter, Filter mipFilter, Int32 colorKey, ImageInformation& srcInformation, PaletteEntry[]& palette)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.TextureLoader.FromFile(Device device, String srcFile, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 mipLevels, Usage usage, Format format, Pool pool, Filter filter, Filter mipFilter, Int32 colorKey, ImageInformation& srcInformation)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextureManager.LoadGraphic(String strFileName, Int64 lColorKey, Int32 iMaxWidth, Int32 iMaxHeight, Int32& iWidth, Int32& iHeight)

Steps to recreate:
1. copy attached image "ESPN2.jpg" to MediaPortal\thumbs\tv\logos\[name].jpg, where [name] is a valid channel name in MP Setup > Television > TV Channels.
2. open mediaportal, navigate to MyTV > TVGuide.
3. scroll down the EPG listing until the channel line is displayed
4. graphic is gray in color (blank)
5. exit mediaportal
6. view error.log for error text

Regards,
Aaron

civikdude

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
U.S.A.
Can someone take a look into this? MP should be able to handle the channel icons that are delivered by zap2it.com (xmltv).

FYI, looking at the first post, the paste of code separated the file name (ESPN2.jp<space>g). The log file does not have this space, nor does the actual file name. I just wanted to clarify in case that might throw somebody.

Repaste:
(thumbs\tv\logos\ESPN2.jpg)

Regards,
Aaron

civikdude

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
U.S.A.
Haven't heard anything on this. It fills the error log up fairly quickly. These are not custom images, they are downloaded directly from zap2it.com. Can someone please test and confirm?

Regards,
Aaron

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi civikdude,

I just tried the logo you posted on my MP installation 0.2.0.0-RC1. I can confirm the problem you see. I've renamed the logo to "Nederland 1.jpg" to match a station I got here. Here's the (same) error from MediaPortal.log:

Code:
    4-10-2005 21:49:55 TextureManage:LoadGraphic(thumbs\tv\logos\Nederland 1.jpg) failed:Fout in de toepassing.
    -2005529767 (D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA)
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.TextureLoader.FromFile(Device device, String srcFile, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 mipLevels, Usage usage, Format format, Pool pool, Filter filter, Filter mipFilter, Int32 colorKey, ImageInformation& srcInformation, PaletteEntry[]& palette)
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.TextureLoader.FromFile(Device device, String srcFile, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 mipLevels, Usage usage, Format format, Pool pool, Filter filter, Filter mipFilter, Int32 colorKey, ImageInformation& srcInformation)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextureManager.LoadGraphic(String strFileName, Int64 lColorKey, Int32 iMaxWidth, Int32 iMaxHeight, Int32& iWidth, Int32& iHeight)

Can you confirm this worked on previous versions? Or did it never work?

Kind regards,
    Michel

civikdude

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    U.S.A.
    scoop said:
    I can confirm the problem you see.

Thanks for testing!!

scoop said:
    Can you confirm this worked on previous versions? Or did it never work?

This I'm not sure of. I'm under the impression that all channel icons worked when I was using version 0.1.1.0, but even so I'm not sure whether the icons themselves are the same (downloaded from zap2it.com) or have been added/updated since using 0.1.1.0. I cleared everything on my system since then, and have only recently added the channel icons.

I think it comes down to graphics support?!

Image properties for all "bad" icons:
    Resolution: 96 dpi
    Bit Depth: 8

Image properties for all "good" icons:
    Resolution: 72 dpi
    Bit Depth: 24

Regards,
    Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom