Error on MP1.18 "Failed to load your skin! aborting startup. insufficient memory" (1 Viewer)

cladinshadows85

Portal Pro
February 3, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

I have upgraded from MP1.16 to MP1.18 with the following error on startup now, "Failed to load your skin! aborting startup. insufficient memory".

Running Windows 7 on machine as client setup.

So far on forum searches, this issues goes back to MP 1.1, with reinstalling the arial font as a fix, which i have tried unsuccessfully both reinstalling and copy, delete and paste. I have also reinstalled graphics drivers as another old source stated it could be driver related with directx 9.

I have attached logs, the first log is the initial error with all extensions loaded, Second log is MP with no extension loaded. Both have the same issue.

Main error in logs is:
[2017-10-14 19:02:21,180] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - GUIFont: Failed to load font debug from cache. Trying to recreate it...
[2017-10-14 19:02:21,224] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - GUIFont: Failed to D3D...
[2017-10-14 19:02:27,018] [ERROR] - D3D: InitializeDeviceObjects - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.get_DeviceCaps()
at MediaPortalApp.InitializeDeviceObjects()
at MediaPortal.D3D.InitializeDevice()

Any support in this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Edit: I forgot to mention I have also done a clean install of MP1.18 with same issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom