CPU Type: Intel Mobile Celeron 1.7 GHz
Memory: 512
Motherboard: ASUS P4S800-MX SE
Video Card: Sis 661fx (64 MB)
1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR 150 lp
1. TV Card Type: Analog
1. TV Card Driver: Latest
Remote: MCE

After a recent svn update I can no longer startup MP. The splash screen shows and then disappears, but MP does not start, and the desktop is inaccessible. Only ctrl-alt-del works to kill mediaportal.exe which is running. The log files grow bigger and bigger with the error in the bottom. I attached the complete logs. This has been an issue with the builds from the last week.

Thanks,
Andreas

2007-03-02 18:38:39.250000 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception :Error in the application.
-2005530585 (D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)
2007-03-02 18:38:39.250000 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception :Error in the application.
2007-03-02 18:38:39.250000 [ERROR][MPMain]: site :Void PresentInternal(Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, IntPtr)
2007-03-02 18:38:39.250000 [ERROR][MPMain]: source :Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
2007-03-02 18:38:39.265625 [ERROR][MPMain]: stacktrace: at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    muaddib, do you still have this problem with latest svn?
    If you have try a clean install (rename MediaPortal folder & run install & repair option & then apply latest SVN), you can delete this test folder after that & rename the other back to MediaPortal & all your settings are back ;) .

Regards
    Roy

muaddib

Portal Member
    October 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Last weekend I tried with a fresh install and latest svn. The problem was not the exact same as I could start up mediaportal, but when entering any submenu, mediaportal froze and the log behaved more or less the same, repeating the error message forever. I will try to night to see if the most recent svn helps.

Thank you for addressing my issue, I was starting to feel a bit helpless :)

Andreas

muaddib

Portal Member
    October 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have just tried the latest svn, and unfortunately it is the same: MP starts up and I see the home menu. If selecting any of the categories MP freezes and the log starts to grow. Please help!

Thank you,
    Andreas

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Does it run correct in Windowed mode, try also to disable animation in (MP Setup -> General -> General settings)?

It could be that your graphic card doesn't support DirectX 9 fully out, which it's needed..

Regards
    Roy

muaddib

Portal Member
    October 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It was without animations and in windowed mode. I tried the other three permutations of the settings, but with no luck. I tried running the dxdiag tests and they completed with no errors. My graphics card is an onboard type, but the drivers support directx 9 and I have not had problems earlier.

muaddib

Portal Member
    October 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It seems I have found the problem. I did a clean install of windows and MP, but did not install SP1 for .net framework 1.1, and that seems to have solved it. I found a simlar error in another program where this was suggested. It could also be that the latest svn did the trick, but I think it was the SP1.

muaddib

Portal Member
    October 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I was a bit too fast there. Just tried svn 13920 and the problems was back. Then I reverted to svn 13718 and everything works again, so obviously I will stick to this one. Can anybody tell me what is happening? I would like very much to be able to update my build.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Have you tried to set your "Video Card: Sis 661fx (64 MB)" to 128 MB in bios?

Regards
    Roy

muaddib

Portal Member
    October 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    No, I haven't, but wouldn't it be strange if that could work for some builds and not for others? I'll give it a try.

Andreas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom