Error parsing action result document and error starttimeshift (1 Viewer)

LeeKelly

Portal Member
March 16, 2014
Kingston upon Hull
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi really struggling with this one.

Have a brand new install first windows 7 now windows 10 on a client machine.

Installed mediaportal 2 and when i run it it attaches the server and shows the guide and recordings. Can play recordings but when i go to a live stream it comes up with the error.

Error invoking action 'StartTimeshift'

I have looked at the logs and i see the following.
[2019-08-10 17:25:59,497] [110190 ] [InputMgr ] [ERROR] - SOAPHandler: Error parsing action result document
System.ArgumentException: Media item aspect attribute cannot be deserialized: Unknown attribute specification 'Type'
at MediaPortal.Common.MediaManagement.MediaItemAspect.Deserialize(XmlReader reader)
at MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Interfaces.LiveTvMediaItem.LiveTvMediaItem.System.Xml.Serialization.IXmlSerializable.ReadXml(XmlReader reader)
at MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Interfaces.LiveTvMediaItem.LiveTvMediaItem.Deserialize(XmlReader reader)
at MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Interfaces.UPnP.DataTypes.UPnPDtLiveTvMediaItem.DoDeserializeValue(XmlReader reader, Boolean isSimpleValue)
at UPnP.Infrastructure.Common.UPnPExtendedDataType.SoapDeserializeValue(XmlReader reader, Boolean isSimpleValue)
at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpExtendedDataType.SoapDeserializeValue(XmlReader reader, Boolean isSimpleValue)
at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.SOAP.SOAPHandler.ParseResult(TextReader textReader, CpAction action, Boolean sourceSupportsUPnP11)
at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.SOAP.SOAPHandler.HandleResult(Stream body, Encoding contentEncoding, CpAction action, Object clientState, UPnPVersion upnpVersion)
[2019-08-10 17:25:59,703] [110396 ] [InputMgr ] [ERROR] - Error invoking action 'StartTimeshift'

I dont know what else to try. I have searched google and cant find anything.

I have attached the logs.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-08-10-17.29.17.zip
    41.2 KB

Digsy

Portal Pro
August 29, 2018
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I also had the "timeshift" error on a fresh install of MP2. In my case it was down to the MP2Server service not starting up properly. This was fixed by changing it to start "Automatic (delayed)".

See this thread. Might work for you.

LeeKelly

Portal Member
March 16, 2014
Kingston upon Hull
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply. I did check that and restarted not only the service but also the server. I also changed the service to be a delayed tart. I really like MP2 but i have found the service to be less reliable that MP1 and have now reverted back which is a shame. MP1 strwams to the client without too many issues apart from Network spiking which i think is a local issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom