Error :unable to play live 3-0ts , new installation 1.9 (1 Viewer)

pietro99

October 8, 2014
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hello, I've just started on a new NUC HTPC, and installed MP1.9 without LAV filters as only intend it for live TV.

Everything seems OK, found all the channels.

When I try to watch TV for the first time I get the above message. I have Windows 8.1 with update, and a 320GB SATA HDD.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

...without LAV filters as only intend it for live TV.
    That choice doesn't make sense to me. Live TV requires codecs, and the LAV ones would be as good as or better than most.

When I try to watch TV for the first time I get the above message.
    The message doesn't give enough information, so you're going to need to post log files if you want help:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Regards,
    mm

pietro99

October 8, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't instal LAV filters as I did intend using Shark codecs which also instal those filters. I wanted to use a familiar standalone player MPC-HC for non-tv video.

I have uploaded the log file.

Thanks again for your help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I didn't instal LAV filters as I did intend using Shark codecs which also instal those filters. I wanted to use a familiar standalone player MPC-HC for non-tv video.
    Personally I think you'd be better off simply installing LAV and avoiding the extra packaging from Shark, but then I've never been particularly fond of codec packs. Either way: the LAV codecs are currently not installed. The only codecs you have access to are the Microsoft DTV-DVD codecs which come with Windows, and it looks like they're not working out for you. In other words, what you're seeing looks like a codec problem and in my opinion you need to install and configure alternative codecs somehow. My recommendation is to go with the LAV codecs, which can be installed via the MediaPortal Extension Manager... but you can install whatever codecs you prefer however you like. After installing you need to select them here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/1_TV_Codecs

pietro99

October 8, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thank you. Installing the LAV filters has done the job.

I have been setting up MP to my satisfaction over the last couple of days. The only problem left is that I can't get the CC to work. I installed the CoreCCparser and set the properties a shown. TEST revealed nothing and I also tried CC2, 3 and 4. No CC have appeared in MP for me. I am in Australia and it seems we have ATSC streams. CC appear in Media Center though I don't have that installed on this HTPC.

I have uploaded the log file to see if that might assist.

Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thank you. Installing the LAV filters has done the job.
    Fantastic! :)

Regarding CC...
    First, thanks for the logs. Having log files is always helpful. :)

I am in Australia and it seems we have ATSC streams.
    ATSC is only used in the USA, Canada, South Korea and a few other smaller countries:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanc...tandards#Countries_and_territories_using_ATSC

Australia uses DVB-T.

AFAIK closed captions (ie. CEA-708, EIA-608 [AKA line 21]) are only used with ATSC.
    DVB broadcasts like those in Australia can have either teletext or DVB subtitles.

I don't see any evidence of the presence of DVB subtitles in your log files. However, I do see teletext streams. So I suspect Australia uses teletext-based subtitles.

To activate them you need to set MediaPortal configuration in the TV/Radio -> TV subsection, subtitle settings tab:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/22_TV/TV_Client#Subtitle_Settings

Untick "enable CC subtitles" because that is only for ATSC.
    Tick "enable teletext subtitles" because I think that is the form of subtitles you have in Australia.
    You may also want to tick "enable DVB subtitles" in case I'm wrong or some channels use DVB subtitles instead of teletext subtitles.

Regards,
    mm

pietro99

October 8, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks again for your help, this also now works. Once MP is set-up it functions really well and has saved me $100 for the upgrade to 8.1 Pro and Media Center.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom