Error when attempting to play Blu Ray (1 Viewer)

Zach

December 17, 2019
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
I hope the answer won't be so obvious as it was with the last thing I posted here lol. Got a new blu ray player today but when I try to play it I get an error. It sees the disc and shows a preview but when I go to play it it says "There is no player registered to play media item"

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I hope the answer won't be so obvious as it was with the last thing I posted here
    I am not sure without seeing the logs. BR discs are usually encrypted. A Windows system can't play such disc without additional software that decrypts it on the fly. Unless such software is installed on your system, MediaPortal will no be able to play the disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello to all you, today after doing some more testing I could again confirm that the problem also appears when inserting an HDD (in my case a Western Digital 3GB PURTZ model) through a hot swap external SATA III tray. (I forgot to mention this case in my previous posts). The problem always appears 15 Secs aprox. after the connection...
    Hello to all you, today after doing some more testing I could again confirm that the problem also appears when inserting an HDD (in...
    Hello, I wish to all to stay healthy. MediaPortal 2.3.1 live tv freezes when inserting a usb memory stick or when mounting an...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello, sorry, but bluray part is not developped, on MP, missing dev for this. :(
    Hello, sorry, but bluray part is not developped, on MP, missing dev for this. :(
    I chose «German», but instead the first language stream is played (in most cases English). I figured that out because on some discs...
    Replies
    Views
    I just got a chance to test the fix with the two BR disks I mentioned in my original post, and, as you may already know, the package at nuget works. I did not do a clean install, rather I just reinstalled 1.25.0
    I just got a chance to test the fix with the two BR disks I mentioned in my original post, and, as you may already know, the...
    I installed MePO 1.25.0 not all that long ago, and I have noticed, as far as I can tell, that since installing this version...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Blu ray UHD Menus DE
    Just wanted to add to the above that 4k uhd playback with PowerDVD 19 only works with specific hardware, you should check that out before purchasing.
    Just wanted to add to the above that 4k uhd playback with PowerDVD 19 only works with specific hardware, you should check that out...
    Hello, I write to you to understand if I could resolve my problem and to understand where is (if there is any) the issue...
    Replies
    Views
    Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
    Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
    I've just upgraded the motherboard, CPU, ram, boot drives and PSU in my TV Server (always on), and am now having intermittent...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom