Gorlist

Portal Member
October 10, 2008
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
Windows Version: WinXP SP3
CPU Type: Intel Quad Q6600
Video Card: Gefore 8800GT
1. TV Card: HVR-1200

Good day, last Saturday when I booted in the morning I found when trying to launch Team Media Portal (including the configs) im getting:

Code:
Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Piror to this it has been working flawlessly for serveral months.

To get it working, I had to uninstall, reinstall and not restart the PC, and only run the program once, afterwards the above error would reappear.

Assuming it may have been related to windows I went for quick reformat and fresh install. SP3, latest updates, everything normal, just reinstalled MP, setup went fine, ran the TV Server config, closed and now it won't open. The client however is still working after rebooting for the time being...

Code:
Server stack trace: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)

This is from the error log:
Exception rethrown at [0]: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at TvControl.IController.get_IdServer()
   at SetupTv.ServiceHelper.get_IsRunning()

Im at a loss, to explain. Ive done nothing unusal, as mentioned completely fresh reinstall.

Any suggestions?

Just to update, MP Client has now also failed once again :(

pgitta

Portal Member
June 2, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
First thing I would do is remove PC cards one at a time and try. If you didn't change the software, then I would suspect degraded or defective hardware.

Gorlist

Portal Member
October 10, 2008
Good idea, will re-seat it tommomorw, trying to run HD Tune disk scan at the moment to see perhaps if its harddrive related. Something else of interest is ive noticed at the same time my "Show Hidden Files" in explorer options keeps coming unchecked, wonder if thats related.

Thanks for the reply.

just installed latest AVG, tried running MP and it comes up with file is infected with the Win32/Tanatos.M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom