Error when starting TV: unable to start timeshifting no free card available (1 Viewer)

gobbledigook

February 9, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
TV-Server Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Skin: blue
Windows Version: xp sp3
CPU Type: athalon 64bit 2.4ghz dual core
HDD: maxtor 160gb
Memory: 2gig
Motherboard: ECS A740GM-M
Video Card: ATI-Radeon 2100
Video Card Driver: 8.561.0.0
Sound Card: on board
1. TV Card: Pinnacle PCTV 250i
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.0.4.0

Hi, I'm new to the forum and mediaportal, and i'm having some trouble with it!

i installed it fine and, after adding my card to the capturecard list, followed the configuration instructions which pop up in the browser.

it was working fine for sometime, but i uninstalled mediaportal for a few days and when i reinstalled it is when my problems started!

on re-installing i followed the web instructions to configure again, but most of my settings were remembered including the card and channel list. So on starting mediaportal and entering TV i get the error: unable to start timeshifting no free card available.

i have tried un-installing and then searching windows for "mediaportal" files adn then deleting them as well to try and get it to start fresh..... but on install the settings are still remembered and i get the same error message:(

i have also tried changing the type of decoder used, there are several in my list including 3 different typs of pinnacle one's, i have tried all these with the same effect.

log files attached

any ideas?

Dan

bigboss97

Portal Pro
January 31, 2006
Sydney
Home Country
on re-installing i followed the web instructions to configure again, but most of my settings were remembered including the card and channel list. So on starting mediaportal and entering TV i get the error: unable to start timeshifting no free card available.

any ideas?

I always have that message after I powered off my PC. The last time I fixed it by doing following steps:
1) Unplug my USB tuner. The device disappears from the windows hardware list.
2) Restart TV service (see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...w-restart-tv-services-67727/?highlight=server). So that the cards are removed from the TV server configuration.
3) Plug the tuner back in and re-configure the TV server.

That resolved my problem last time.

HTH
Phuoc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom