mrbert

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Rotterdam
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I haven been using MEPO1 for years.
I wanted to give MEPO2 another try after some months/

When istalling MePo2 I get an error that another installation is running. The previos setup was deleted moths ago.

Also uninstall does not work.
See also the log.

This is on a WIN10 pro PC with an AMD quadcore processor.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hallo,

This could be due to a problem on your local Windows system. There might be an update that got blocked and now prevents any other installtion from running.

I've also seen that you are still using Win 10 1511. You could directly upgrade to 1703 and then see if issues are gone.

mrbert

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I Think this would be pretty scary if MePo only would install on the latest update of windows?
    Updates of win10 have been interfering by forcing reboot while I could not have a reboot
    Anyway updating windows does not work a this moment. It is refused when i try to update.
    and I need to retry later.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I Think this would be pretty scary if MePo only would install on the latest update of windows?
    Well, MP2 does of course install on every system that is running Windows 7 or higher.

Anyway updating windows does not work a this moment. It is refused when i try to update.
    and I need to retry later.
    As long as you experience this issue you will not be able to instally anything else.

Upgrading to a new Win 10 version would cure all your probklems with the blocked updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom