Exception Error, www.tarra.org not found !? (1 Viewer)

sverre

Portal Member
November 4, 2005
Hi!

I am frequently getting an Exception Error in Mediaportal about it not being able to connect to the server www.tarra.org. It happens once every time I start Mediaportal. It doesn't happen right away, sometimes it shows after a couple of hours. It only happens once, after I have clicked the "continue" button in the error dialog it doesn't show again.

I am feeling quite uncomfortable about this - I do not like my applications making connections to remote servers for no apparent reason.

Since searching for tarra on this forum gave no result I am thinking it might be from a plugin or something, or from another application, but I am not sure about how to troubleshoot this. Anyone that can give me any ideas?

Thanks!

MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: Black & White 1080 v1.3
Windows Version: XP SP3
1. TV Card: FireDTV

sverre

Portal Member
November 4, 2005
No response yet so I uploaded an image that might explain it a little bit further.
http://dev.bravomedia.se/temp/mediaportalerror.jpg

In translation it says something like: Can not match the remote name: 'www.tarra.org'. And then in the debug information it says something pretty much the same thing except with parts of the stack trace included.

sverre

Portal Member
November 4, 2005
Thanks for the replies. I am only running mediaportal when this error message appears but I must agree that it feels weird if Mediaportal would have anything to do with it.

I haven't heard of malwarebytes before. Will give it a try. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom