Exception :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to start graph (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Tagunov

April 11, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2

Description
Hi,
- brand new Win 7 install all updates applied (including sp1)
- asus p5b-e, 6Gb RAM, Core 2 Duo, OCZ Vertex LE 256Gb as system drive, Hauppage WinTV HVR-4000
- Sky Dish plugged in (that is I'm trying to watch FreeSat Astra D 28.5 East) - have found plenty of channels
- Terrastrial cable plugged in (have found several DVB channels)
- (unlrelated) Team MediaPortal server config takes about 1/2 minute to start; Team MediaPortal also takes long (a minute?...) to start up
Issue: right after system reboot Team MediaPortal is useable
After a while you can get into a situation when Team Media Portal keeps saying "Unkown error" when you try to watch any channel at all.
Server error.log contains lots of errors like this
2012-04-11 01:46:16.937512 [(18)]: Exception :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to start graph
в TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.RunGraph(Int32 subChannel)
в TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.DoTune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel, Boolean ignorePMT)
в TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBS.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
в TvService.CardTuner.Tune(IUser& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)
Restarting Media Portal TV Service does not help
If I shut down Media Portal TV Service I can start Windows Media Centre and I can watch some channels no problem.

Steps to Reproduce:
Not sure. I think initially I switched on my PC, switched on Team MediaPortal configuration (God, why is it SO slow to start up?) and started going through my channel list. I was using "Preview" extensively to decide if I wanted to keep the channels found during a channel scan yesterday (PC rebooted since). I think at some point I was no longer able to see any preview, the messages might have been saying something about "Unknown error".
Then I restarted TV service a couple of times and started Team MediaPortal client (God, why is it SO slow to start up?). No luck can not watch any channel.
I think the logs I'm sending you are capturing this last attempt to watch via Team MediaPortal client

Anton Tagunov

April 11, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Привет, Vasilich :)

Sorry about the logs - attaching them now
I'm attaching two log archives

MediaPortalLogs_11_04_12__00_22.zip was created in the early hours today when I first saw the problem
Please see the description in my first post

Half an hour ago I saw the problem again
After that I

- I disabled MediaPortal_v122_TVServerXBMC_plugin_bin_rev112
- stopped Medial Portal TV service
- Cleaned the log folders both for server and client
- Started Media Portal TV service
- Started Media Portal debug mode (again a very slow startup)
- Tried to watch a channel - there was a long pause then I got "no data available" message (or smth similar)
- Then I tried to choose another channel - and the result was I immediately saw "Unknown error" message
- Then I clicked a few more channels with the same result
- Then I exited from Team Media Portal and the .zip got generated for me

It's same exception again. Very interesting that restarting the service doesn't help

So how did I get into this broken state?
I booted in Win7 an hour ago, started Team Media Portal service (it's on manual startup)
started XBCM with Media Portal plugin tried to watch a few channels (the image was garbled but the problem can be anywhere really)...
After a while I saw the "Unkown error" reported and knew that I'm having the Team Media Portal server issue again

After this I performed the actions described above - disabled the plugin, bounced the service, created the zip. That's how MediaPortalLogs_11_04_12__21_07.zip was produced

Update: after this I wasn't able to use Windows Media Center either.
It waited for a while and then reported that "the tuner is busy" or smth similar
I had taken great care to ensure that Team Media Portal service was down, so not sure what was going on

Why did Team Media Portal think the tuner was busy?
Okay my card HVR-4000 got 2 or three tuners but only one can be active at a time
Still...
I had to reboot to be able to use Windows Media Center (which after that was stable)

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Have you disabled Windows Media Center services? (can be done from SetupTV IIRC)
    If not they may compete with TVServer for access to your TV Card

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    can confirm this behaviour!

Similar error:

Code:
    2012-05-08 19:41:16.756800 [(15)]: Exception  :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to start graph
      bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.RunGraph(Int32 subChannel)
      bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.DoTune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel, Boolean ignorePMT)
      bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBS.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)

2012-05-08 19:41:16.756800 [(15)]: Exception  :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to start graph
      bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.DoTune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel, Boolean ignorePMT)
      bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBS.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
      bei TvService.CardTuner.Tune(IUser& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)

2012-05-08 19:41:18.076800 [(15)]: Exception  :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to start graph

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Marking this thread as "no bug" and closing. As Anton said, the issue seems to have been caused by the attempt to use multiple tuners on the Hauppauge HVR-4000 at the same time. With the HVR-4000 you can only use the DVB-S/S2 *or* DVB-T tuner at any given time - a hardware limitation - so it should be set up as a hybrid card.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...er_Configuration/02_TV_Servers/1_Hybrid_Cards

@Der_Bub: if you think there is still a bug then you should post a new thread with full logs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom