Exception when opening MyTVS config (1 Viewer)

barabbas

Portal Member
July 13, 2009
Whenever I try opening the config screen I get the following exception:

************** Exception Text **************
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SubtitleDownloader.Core.SubtitleDownloaderFactory' threw an exception. ---> System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at System.Reflection.Module._GetTypesInternal(StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at SubtitleDownloader.Core.SubtitleDownloaderFactory.<TypesImplementingInterface>b__0(Assembly assembly)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectManyIterator>d__14`2.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
at SubtitleDownloader.Core.SubtitleDownloaderFactory.InitializeDownloaders()
at SubtitleDownloader.Core.SubtitleDownloaderFactory..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at SubtitleDownloader.Core.SubtitleDownloaderFactory.GetSubtitleDownloaderNames()
at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.ConfigurationForm.DrawSubtitleDownloaderCheckBoxes()
at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.ConfigurationForm.InitExtraTreeAndPanes()
at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.ConfigurationForm..ctor()
at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.TVSeriesPlugin.ShowPlugin()
at MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.PluginsNew.itemConfigure_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Nothing helpful appears in the logs. I am using the latest release. No idea what's going wrong here.

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Could you check whether you have SubtitleDownloader.dll in your MP root? If not, reinstall MyTVS. If it is there, do the same :p

Den70

Portal Member
February 22, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have the same bug with MP 1.0.2 and reinstalling the plugin does not help. Is there a way to disable the subtitle plugin? I don't need it and don't want it

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I have the same bug with MP 1.0.2 and reinstalling the plugin does not help. Is there a way to disable the subtitle plugin? I don't need it and don't want it

I feel this is operating system / .NET version related. What operating system are you running? Which .NET Framework version?

Den70

Portal Member
    February 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I feel this is operating system / .NET version related. What operating system are you running? Which .NET Framework version?
    Windows XP SP3 and .NET Framework 3.5 sp1

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    The biggest problems are

1) I cannot reproduce this on my systems (HTPC (Vista) & desktop PC (Win7)) -> cannot debug

2) Error message doesn't do any good, it only tells where the error is, not what is causing it

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    You could always provide a debug version that logs extra things (most likely you only need to to catch the exception and log its details - as the exception itself suggest) to know what goes wrong.

In general, the plugin should function without the subtitle dll thingy even present. Alot of users dont even need it, and it is not an integral part of its functionality.

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    I am having the same exact issue after upgrading to the newly released MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC2. Can't even get into the configuration at all because of this.

I'm running on Windows 7 64-bit and have .NET Framwork 3.5 SP1 installed. Re-installed the newest version of the TV Series plugin and re-installed .NET and it is still doing it.

I'll try and get some log files up here.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I just installed fresh 1.1.0 RC2 yesterday and TVSeries 2.5.3 and I still cannot reproduce this issue on Win7 64-bit.

Is there any IRC user who has this issue and could help me to debug this problem in "real-time"?

I'm on IRCNet and Freenode.

Can someone who has this issue test if TVSeries 2.5.2 has the same issue?

Jaybeam

Portal Member
    December 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I had the same issue, but when I opened the plugins tab I also got the message that the Online Videos plugin wasn't compatible and couldn't be loaded.
    After I deleted the plugin from my install folder, the problem with TV series was also gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom