[Info] Exceptions on TV Channels listing, nothing works (1 Viewer)

oklayman

May 4, 2013
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi all,
I have just installed a fresh copy of windows 8 pro x64 and to my great surprise... no media center. So I ended up installing MediaPortal, which I now like quite a bit better than the good old and never refreshed mc. Since all is working fine (live tv, music, videos, online videos is great), I tried to go ahead and install ampdroid.

I have installed mpextended, wifi remote, and a good deal of other plugins and extensions.
Ampdroid works fine as a remote, but does not work as a remote tv streaming client.
Basically I can't get either the list of channels, or the list of programs. I can see the channel groups I have defined, but all is empty below that line. I tried the same on my phone as well as on my tablet, and same is happening so I guess the issue lies in the server config.

Firewall is ok, I can connect to the service from the phone and get back the json service desc. I tried to disable the firewall, no luck.

Then I checked the mpextended logs and I saw a couple of exceptions about a missing rating column and a missing source_movie_info table. I could not find much about these exceptions by googling, so I tried to install some related plugins/extensions to see if the installers created those missing tables. I have added tvseries, moving pictures, my films, imdb+, mvcentral, but again no luck.

Firewall is ok, mediaportal is working fine, wifiremote is working fine... What's the problem here? I attach logs here, thanks for any help.

Attachments

• mpextendedSourceMovieInfoERror.zip
    14.7 KB

oklayman

May 4, 2013
Home Country
Italy Italy
From bad to worse :) I have tried uninstalling the Whole mediaportal/mpextended, etc., and the process was apparently completed correctly. The issue is that the tvservice was not removed correctly. Reinstalling MediaPortal now fails, so I am stuck. How do I remove the leftover TVService? sc delete does not complete correctly either, so I think I am going to hit the bed for now.

oklayman

May 4, 2013
Home Country
Italy Italy
Well, everything is fixed. After attempting again the installation/uninstall procedure I managed to uninstall and re-install.
Mpextended works fine now.

The two issues that caused my troubles are:
-installing steamedmp installs a number of plugins/extensions that conflict with mpextended, incompatible versions I guess.
-Uninstalling under Windows 8 sometimes fails to do the last step. Tthat is, if I accept to reboot the pc at the end of the process, the uninstall app itself prevents Windows from rebooting (maybe just a timing issue). I probably accepted to terminate the app, and thus the tvservice was not removed.

Just one last observation: since mportal is such a complete mc solution, and ms media center is a paid (and outdated app) on Windows 8, I would expect many more users to turn to mediaportal. For the average joe, a more streamlined installation and configuration procedure that sets up a fully working mc with live tv, epg, movie scraping, etc would be helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom