EXIF support (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Heres a list of all the metadata tags my code understands. (Really it's a list of the tags that .Net understands, my code just knows how to find the fields that exist, extract the data and make it user-friendly).

I think the one you want to see is ExifUserComment. How do you set that? My camera doesn't put anything there automatically (nor should it), I'm guessing you use a 3rd party program like ACDSee?

Artist
BitsPerSample
CellHeight
CellWidth
ChrominanceTable
ColorMap
ColorTransferFunction
Compression
Copyright
DateTime
DocumentName
DotRange
EquipMake
EquipModel
ExifAperture
ExifBrightness
ExifCfaPattern
ExifColorSpace
ExifCompBPP
ExifCompConfig
ExifDTDigitized
ExifDTDigSS
ExifDTOrig
ExifDTOrigSS
ExifDTSubsec
ExifExposureBias
ExifExposureIndex
ExifExposureProg
ExifExposureTime
ExifFileSource
ExifFlash
ExifFlashEnergy
ExifFNumber
ExifFocalLength
ExifFocalResUnit
ExifFocalXRes
ExifFocalYRes
ExifFPXVer
ExifIFD
ExifInterop
ExifISOSpeed
ExifLightSource
ExifMakerNote
ExifMaxAperture
ExifMeteringMode
ExifOECF
ExifPixXDim
ExifPixYDim
ExifRelatedWav
ExifSceneType
ExifSensingMethod
ExifShutterSpeed
ExifSpatialFR
ExifSpectralSense
ExifSubjectDist
ExifSubjectLoc
ExifUserComment
ExifVer
ExtraSamples
FillOrder
FrameDelay
FreeByteCounts
FreeOffset
Gamma
GpsAltitude
GpsAltitudeRef
GpsDestBear
GpsDestBearRef
GpsDestDist
GpsDestDistRef
GpsDestLat
GpsDestLatRef
GpsDestLong
GpsDestLongRef
GpsGpsDop
GpsGpsMeasureMode
GpsGpsSatellites
GpsGpsStatus
GpsGpsTime
GpsIFD
GpsImgDir
GpsImgDirRef
GpsLatitude
GpsLatitudeRef
GpsLongitude
GpsLongitudeRef
GpsMapDatum
GpsSpeed
GpsSpeedRef
GpsTrack
GpsTrackRef
GpsVer
GrayResponseCurve
GrayResponseUnit
GridSize
HalftoneDegree
HalftoneHints
HalftoneLPI
HalftoneLPIUnit
HalftoneMisc
HalftoneScreen
HalftoneShape
HostComputer
ICCProfile
ICCProfileDescriptor
ImageDescription
ImageHeight
ImageTitle
ImageWidth
InkNames
InkSet
JPEGACTables
JPEGDCTables
JPEGInterFormat
JPEGInterLength
JPEGLosslessPredictors
JPEGPointTransforms
JPEGProc
JPEGQTables
JPEGQuality
JPEGRestartInterval
LoopCount
LuminanceTable
MaxSampleValue
MinSampleValue
NewSubfileType
NumberOfInks
Orientation
PageName
PageNumber
PaletteHistogram
PhotometricInterp
PixelPerUnitX
PixelPerUnitY
PixelUnit
PlanarConfig
Predictor
PrimaryChromatics
PrintFlags
PrintFlagsBleedWidth
PrintFlagsBleedWidthScale
PrintFlagsCrop
PrintFlagsVersion
REFBlackWhite
ResolutionUnit
ResolutionXLengthUnit
ResolutionXUnit
ResolutionYLengthUnit
ResolutionYUnit
RowsPerStrip
SampleFormat
SamplesPerPixel
SMaxSampleValue
SMinSampleValue
SoftwareUsed
SRGBRenderingIntent
StripBytesCount
StripOffsets
SubfileType
T4Option
T6Option
TargetPrinter
ThreshHolding
ThumbnailColorDepth
ThumbnailCompressedSize
ThumbnailFormat
ThumbnailHeight
ThumbnailPlanes
ThumbnailRawBytes
ThumbnailSize
ThumbnailWidth
TileByteCounts
TileLength
TileOffset
TileWidth
TransferFuncition
TransferRange
WhitePoint
XPosition
XResolution
YCbCrCoefficients
YCbCrPositioning
YCbCrSubsampling
YPosition
YResolution

Remember, only a small portion of these fields are going to be supported by your camera. Fields that are not written to the image do not appear when using the afformentioned foreach loop I showed before.

Also, those are the code field names. I have "pretty" display names for each one of those fields. They're hard-coded in my classes right now, but I will move them out to a resource table. They'll all be there in English, but someone would need to translate the resource table to other languages supported by MediaPortal. The translation of a resource table isn't hard, it's all XML. Anyone want to offer? Don't worry though, if a field isn't translated it will just be displayed with the default resource entry (which will be English).

A

Anonymous

Hi,

yes - to set the comment u need a 3rd party app (i.e. acdsee, paintshop, jalbum).
I could do translations to german.

Ralf

A

Anonymous

I could do translations to german

Thanks ralf, PM me with an e-mail address and I'll e-mail you the resx file when it's ready to be translated.

A

Anonymous

Alright guys, I'm trying to move forward on this. I spent some time tonight and have the code mostly ready. I also got the string descriptions out to a resource table, but I'm not quite yet ready to have someone translate. Here's why:

When I started this project I was able to obtain a list of well-known meta tags, which makes up the list you saw a few posts ago. Using ACDSee and some online research I have done my best to come up with descriptive terms for the fields you saw. The descriptions I came up with are what is now in the resource table. However, some of the field names were just a little to cryptic for me to come up with good names for them. The field "T6Option", for example, has been described literally as "T6 Option".

I have posted the resource table up on SolerSoft at the following URL:

http://www.SolerSoft.com/MediaPortal/ImageProperty.zip

Before anyone begins translating it into another language, I'd like some image saavy people to look at this resource table and see if they can fix any of my lacking descriptions. Any and all help is appreciated.

The file within the zip file has the .resx extension. .resx is just a different file extension for XML, so you may safely change the file extension to XML and use your favorite editor if you don't have Visual Studio.

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps.

Regards,

eXe

A

Anonymous

Thank you TomTom for that document. It is helping me improve my library quite a bit. I'll have to work on this more Wednesday evening (I hope) and then we'll have something to translate.

Also, I think the code's mostly ready, so we could start talking about how to include it.

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    if you need any help then dont be afraid 2 ask;-)
    when i'm awake I'm on IRC efnet #Mediaportal

Frodo

A

Anonymous

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I havn't given up on this yet. Frodo gave me all the information I need to integrate it, I just haven't had time. I'll be on vacation this weekend but maybe I can have something next week?

I'm not trying to make excuses, but my company has been keeping me extra busy due to a customer conference in July. I'm not going to try and wait till thats over to get this done, but I will have a lot more time after that.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    eXentric said:
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I havn't given up on this yet. Frodo gave me all the information I need to integrate it, I just haven't had time. I'll be on vacation this weekend but maybe I can have something next week?

I'm not trying to make excuses, but my company has been keeping me extra busy due to a customer conference in July. I'm not going to try and wait till thats over to get this done, but I will have a lot more time after that.

Hi eXentric, I am just curious if you are still around and interested.

I guess your code won´t make it into version 0.1 for sptember, first. But anyway, do you still plan to work on this? If not, do you mind passing your "almost ready code" to the project? Maybe someone else can take a look at the integration, if you are still under pressure with your job?

Greetz

tomtom21000

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom