EXIF support (1 Viewer)

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Finally, I got the code for full exif support for my pictures!

Jeffrey S. Gangel has coded this in C#

I guess all there is to do is a minor code adaption and developing the (xml) screen design.

The source and a very good step by step explanation of the code can be found here:

http://www.codeproject.com/cs/media/photoproperties.asp?target=EXIF

That is what I found about the license policy of the codeproject so using the code seems to be allright. Maybe inform/ask the author and give him some credit:

If you post to CodeProject then you retain copyright of your article and code. You also give CodeProject permission to use it in a fair manner and also permit all developers to freely use the code in their own applications.

I am no programmer, but it all looks very fine.
    I know it is not high on the list at the moment, but maybe Frodo or MrMario can take a look and say if they can confirm that this will be easy to integrate.
    Maybe it is a first challenge to one of the recently entered users with .net and c# skills ;)

tomtom21000

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Since today came in a question about picture information, I dare to bring up this thread after two month again.:)
    Allthough with 5 postings in a row it seems it is only on my wishlist. :cry:
    Maybe someone jumbs on it.

Remember: The code is probably allmost there in C# (see above)

tomtom21000

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    zwsman: exif support has been integrated for a long time now. hit F3 on keyboard (might be info button on a remote, I don´t use any). It may not be perfect, but all the info is there.

Even the auto-rotation of pictures worked for a long time. It broke some time ago. I posted a bug report but can´t find it any more at the moment.

tomtom

zswman

Portal Pro
    April 23, 2006
    Mountain View, CA USA
    Thanks, tomtom21000 - I do see the exif information there, nice to have!

The auto-rotation would be a very desirable feature and could possibly correct the current issue I have w/ photos appearing "un-rotated" even though every other application I view them with (e.g. window picture viewer, all browsers, Ulead IPhoto, others) has the correct rotation. I use a program called "Thumber" which in-turn uses JPEGTRAN to apply the rotation - it just doesn't show-up in MP.

pollyplopp

Portal Member
    July 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    zwsman: exif support has been integrated for a long time now. hit F3 on keyboard (might be info button on a remote, I don´t use any). It may not be perfect, but all the info is there.
    tomtom

As many other users (do a search), I would like to have the ability to press F3/info during the slideshow and have the Exif as OSD (while the slideshow is rolling).

Having it on F3/info imediately and as OSD would be much more useful and consistent with other screens in MP.

I do not know what you mean with "all the info is there" in the current solution.

Currently I only see this info which:
    * is organised strangly
    * not the most interesting, I miss: ISO, lens, metering mode, white balance
    * Shutter speed & exposure time is the same thing, and shutter speed is shown incorrectly.

In the previous post, there were a whole list of Exif tags supported. Is this possible for me to configure so I can show the once I like (if so please tell me how) ?!

It sure would be nice for each user to choose there own tags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom