[Videos] Exit from external video player results blank mediaportal screen (1 Viewer)

hakkis

Portal Member
September 6, 2009
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0.0 BETA
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP 0.9.601
Windows Version: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 4850e 2500MHz
HDD: Western Digital Caviar GP 750GB
Memory: 2GB DDR2-800
Motherboard: Asus M3A78-PRO AMD 780G
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB
Video Card Driver: 8.14.0010.0685 (English)
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Twinhan
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: DivX H.264 Decoder 8.02.0000.0026
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: Panasonic TH-46PZ85E
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Exiting external video player, ZoomPlayer 6 in this case, results blank Mediaportal screen. Mediaportal is running since I can hear sound response to remote command but screen is totally black, only option at this point is to exit Mediaportal.

Mediaportal 1.0.1.0 did not have this problem with same external video player.

Plasmor

Portal Member
August 19, 2009
Does this happen outside of MyVideos i.e. MovingPictures, MyTvSeries,...? If so this problem (in its various forms) is now around for quite some time (meaning it shouldn't have worked in 1.0.1.0 to begin with ;) ) but for some reason the already finished fix wasn't implemented in the beta.

There is however a way to get MP to work without restarting it. If you have "Topbar" enabled, which should still be visible, just select the far right button and you're back in the home screen. If you haven't there's also a hotkey for it ("h"? - don't recall right now). It's not a very fine workaround but for those who rely on external players it's better than starting MP over and over again.

hakkis

Portal Member
September 6, 2009
This indeed happens with My TV Series and MovingPictures. I have no clue how or why this problem did not occur with 1.0.1.0 but it did not, I'v been using Zoom Player long time now.

dharm08

June 14, 2008
I use KM Player as my external player and this is happening to me also. Also can confirm it did not occur in the previous version.

Plasmor

Portal Member
August 19, 2009
Everything worked as it should in 1.0.1.0? Using MPC-HC myself and many others encounter(ed) a popup stating something like "video could not be played due to missing codecs" after closing the external player, which of course worked fine.

To make a long story short, for the time being you have to use the internal player. The fix is promised for 1.1.0.0, so I guess we have to wait for about half a year unless one of the SVNs deals with the problem (or incorporates the already finished fix if that still works).

dharm08

June 14, 2008
Yeah its a shame this is occuring after waiting so long for the codec issue to be fixed. Fingers crossed its not a long wait for the next version.

MrBobC

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a black screen as well, but mine happens when I tell it to launch anything. My black screen happens right after I tell it to play. It's really weird, and has the same symptoms like you can still hear it and can topbar out of it. WinXP Pro + MP 1.1.0 Beta1 + MPTVSeries 2.3.3538.

Plasmor

Portal Member
August 19, 2009
Strange, the new version of MyTvSeries should fix the problem completely. At least that's what it did for me. It seems that the problem is now on the plugin side so every plugin needs to be fixed separatedly (I'm looking at you Mr. Movingpictures developer :p).
You probably should report your Problem in the appropriate subforum. Although it would be nice if we could et any official statement regarding that problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom