EXP-4130-Rework_the_update_process_for_satellite_files (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    This is a rework on how is handled xml file for DVB-s :
    For more information : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/channellist-update-really-up-to-date.114767/

Known Issues:
    • Actual MP code don't download satellite.xml
    Testing Required:
    • Update satellite list (it should take latest satellite.xml that take latest xml DVBs.
    Attached link to full installer (based on 1.3.0Beta) :)

I also add a link to the branch on GitHub so that devs can get the code and try to help me directly.
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...Rework_the_update_process_for_satellite_files

2012.12.23 : First Release Version

.:: Public Download Link generated by our bot ::.

Last edited:

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Sebastiii,

I tested the version you've created.
    It seems to be working, but I found one little 'bug'.
    Updating works fine. All xml are updated, but when the setup is closed by 'cancel' or 'ok', and you restart the setup. You will find the satellite diseqc positions are changed.
    This is probably because some satellites were removed or added from satellites.xml, and therefor every diseqc position has been shifted accordingly upwards or downwards.
    Not a big deal because you can change it easily, but people might not notice it and get strange results when scanning for channels.

You can reproduce it by removing some of the first entries of satellites.xml. Start tv server config. Set diseqc positions, update satellite list. Close tv-server config, start tv-server config and check diseqc positions. You will find them to be shifted.

Is is true that transponder information is also updated once you scan for channels?
    Thanks for the hard work :) I really like this addition to the tv-server (because it describes my suggestion ;-) )

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I can't reproduce it because i surely not remove astra/hotbird.xml from 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbs'.

I have try like this :
    1- Remove some first entries in satellite.xml
    2- Start tv server config
    3- Set diseqc positions
    4- Update satellite list
    5- Close tv-server config.
    6- Start tv-server config
    7- Check diseqc positions
    -> Diseqc positions stay.

Second try :
    I have removed '19.2°E Astra 1KR,1L,1M,2C.xml' and '13.0°E Eutelsat Hot Bird 13A,13B,13C.xml'
    Diseqc positions was set @ origine on : Level1BA and Level1BB
    1- Change to : SimpleA and SimpleB
    2- Update satellite list
    3- Close/Start tv-server config
    -> Diseqc positions stay.

But i suppose it's only happen on old setting 1.3.0Beta and new setting.
    So i would say that we need to inform user in wiki (or maybe even better on tv-server config by a text) : When updating Satellite Position, Diseqc Value can change after a restart of tv-server config.

If i can reproduce it, maybe it's possible to refresh the page (I think new xml are loaded only on start of tv-server config).

:p

Ps : did you an upgrade of your existing setup ?
    Pss : Does it happen too on 1.3.0Beta when you manually update/replace satellite.xml ?

Last edited:

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm not sure if my method was a good method to simulate a changed satellite.xml version
    I it would be sufficient to point people to the wiki and/or write a note in the application that user should take care of the diseqc positions once updated. Just like you suggested.

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No, I did not try the new setuptv because I'm *not* sure if the thing I did was representing a changed satellites.xml version correctly.
    You really should try that with a modified setuptv pointing to another satellites.xml url to be sure.
    Once wiki and/or setuptv gives a notification about changed diseqc positions I personally would be happy. It is not a big deal.

Last edited:

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Sebastiii,
    Can i do some more testing here, or is everything already sufficiently tested.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Sebastiii,
    Can i do some more testing here, or is everything already sufficiently tested.

Just try if update was ok and try to scan (you should surely verify disceq and satellite like the name has changed).
    :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom