Experiences when trying MePo2 on other PC (1 Viewer)

mrbert

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Rotterdam
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,I am aLready using PeMo1 for many years now following the uodates that are there.
Now I see many yhings should work on MePo2 and I want to give it a try.
After installing it looks nice I must say. but:
  • I first installed the client only to find I cannot access my local movie drive on this PC

• The I reinstalled with the server.
    I could now add my local drive but I had to do it manually. I was not discovered as local media
    I decided it to be video and it started importing which it is doing for at least 10 minutes now. It is about 1G mediafiles.
    This is a lot but with MePo1 I add a source and could right away browse it an play files. In MePo I can see the folder but nothing happens if I click. I could only add to playlist.
    I think even kodi can do so.
  • after importing the mediasource, the whole folder index structure is lost?
On adding the drive I did not see an option for password protecting certain media sources in MePo, (not all is okay or right for my kid) but this option is no longer available in MePo2?
This was one big advantage for me over Kodi in MePo1. Kodi has a plug in for password protecting media but then you must enter the pin with every single media file which is unusable. The way it was done in MePo1 was GREAT!

Do I really need a media server?
Is this really expected behavior?

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
September 29, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
I had no problems with a similar configuration. But without posting log files nobody will be able to tell you what is wrong with your installation.

mrbert

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Rotterdam
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
No problem posting logs, but not keen on sharing what media I have on my PC.
Which logs are required for this I do not expect all are needed?
I see all videos in one list. When I go to the browse media I see my folders. I git one or two video's started. and that ran OK.
I closed MePo2 and closed the server. today I started the server again and started MePo2 browser and video buttons behave the same but browsing starts slow. and I was not able to launch a video from there. and the same was in the video button.
Never had similar issues in the past withe Mepo1
I also looked trough the installation guide and I get the impression that MePo2 is mostly focused at broadcasting services, is that correct?

Last edited:

mrbert

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Rotterdam
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I found the logs but I see in the server1log all te media file names. and I do not like to share those.I stripped most of the lines that reference to the files And blanked names on some places toe keep the error messages.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It would have been even better, if you had uploaded the logs...

I decided it to be video and it started importing which it is doing for at least 10 minutes now. It is about 1G mediafiles.
    MP2 has an in-built movie and series management. Whenever you import files, MP2 will attempt to recognize it and add it to its own database and download fanart, movie information and other data. This happens only once.

On adding the drive I did not see an option for password protecting certain media sources in MePo
    I believe that this is on the ToDo list.

Do I really need a media server?
    Yes, the concept of MP2 requires the server part to be installed, either as single-seat on the same machine or as a true server application on a remote pc.

mrbert

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks HTPCSourser. That explains some of the things I experienced.

I have created a somewhat filtered log file set. I see quite som exceptions in it.I will try to upload this one.

mrbert

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi I will try tomorrow.
    But How can I Prevent that all my media filenames appear in the LOG?
    It took me over an hour to remove the mediafile names manually.
    Tried with notepad++ but had to do in manually:confused:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But How can I Prevent that all my media filenames appear in the LOG?
    I don't think that there is any way around this.

At this point we are trying to identify the issues. It appears that critical elements such as DirectShow filters are not bound - maybe they are not installed. What you could do is to start from scratch, i.e. delete your database by removing the links. When you now launch MP2 you should still get the error messages and we can work on identifying the root causes.

DirectShow makes me think of the need to have DX9 installed. The installer should download and install it, hwoever, sometimes this install fails. Here is some explanation how to iunstall DX 9 manually under WIndows 10: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/how-install-directx-9-0c-on-windows-10.131342/. You may want to try this and check if error messages then disappear, or at least are less in number.[DOUBLEPOST=1463240438][/DOUBLEPOST]On a second thought, I don't think that DX 9 is missing - or you would not have been able to install MP2 at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom