Experimental TsReader development (3 Viewers)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Experimental TsReader development

^ Having a bad day today or generally no sense of humour ;)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Older drivers are better, there are Nvidia bugs around that they keep turning a blind eye too, for a lot of people flash just being installed causes bsod's, including me on the newer drivers after 190.61, when hardware acceleration for it was introduced in the 191.xx

tony, no problems here using cuvid moving back\forth by skipping or fast forward\reverse.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Question for all the nVidia users with LAV Video + CUVID enabled - do you ever get crashes when skipping around in a file ?

I've had several MP crashes to desktop recently - the windows event logs show it as a crash in 'nvcuvid.dll' (the nVidia CUVID driver dll)......I might try reverting back to an earlier LAV version.....

One cause for such crash is when source filter is passing invalid data (corrupted or non-matching PMT). I have caused even a BSOD during developing the BD support when passing invalid content. Seems that Nvidia is catching up the the ATI driver quality :p

That was my take on it too.....I don't remember it happening using PDVD decoder in DXVA mode - switched to LAV + CUVID recently to try it, but I'm getting a bit nervous about it's error handling....

Since this is skipping around inside the same file (and I've not had a crash at start-of-play so far), I hope it's not the PMT data getting corrupted.

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Experimental TsReader development

^ Having a bad day today or generally no sense of humour ;)

bored to death to find every day the same childish comments on every forum that i read........

If the "childish comments" annoy you, just ignore them (like the rest of us do sometimes)....but a bit of light sarcasm does brighten up the day occasionally :)

Tony

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I'm getting a lot of Disontinutiy errors with v38 (every 5-10s) with v32 i don't get them (same recording).

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Experimental TsReader development

I'm getting a lot of Disontinutiy errors with v38 (every 5-10s) with v32 i don't get them (same recording).

That's my question too, is it possible that each tsreader version could report other numbers of discontinuity errors?
    My impression was too that 38 gives me more discontinuity errors.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I should probably have posted my previous bug reports here anyway, as they're likely connected to nostopmod v38, so I'll do that from now on for similar bugs until told that they're unrelated to nostopmod.

The attached logs are from when I was completely unable to watch TV as it was freezing almost straight after starting a channel, and then playing for a couple of seconds, freezing for 5-10, and so on. I'd been watching TV earlier OK, then watched an AVI (The Inbetweeners Movie), and after that I experienced said problems. Restarting MP got things working normally again.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I'm back in normal 1.2 tsreader is doesn't show me any discontinues. Mod32 on so
    on are stuttering every 5-10s due to discontinue detection using unc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom