Experimental TsReader development (7 Viewers)

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That´s correct!

But I did not see it for a long time. Maybe issues with the broadcaster/Argus? Ill try to catch it if it happens again with v44!

Thanks for your work here!
    /tompa

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well I had 42d on my install and it seemed to work ok. Changed to 44 like you said and now mediaportal fatally crashes after 20 seconds of viewing a TV channel?

It has still fixed channel zapping between different definition channels etc, I always get a good tune with audio and video, but now I have the mediaportal has stopped responding crashes. Whilst the screen is showing that message, asking wether to debug or close the program, the video is frozen but I still hear audio ok.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Well I had 42d on my install and it seemed to work ok. Changed to 44 like you said and now mediaportal fatally crashes after 20 seconds of viewing a TV channel?

It has still fixed channel zapping between different definition channels etc, I always get a good tune with audio and video, but now I have the mediaportal has stopped responding crashes. Whilst the screen is showing that message, asking wether to debug or close the program, the video is frozen but I still hear audio ok.

Can you post the logs please ? (use the MP logs collector so the system event logs are included)

Also can you try v43 as well ? (the differences between v42d and v43 are small, v43 to v44 is a bit more significant but not that big)

Is this with all TV channels, or just SD or HD (or a particular video decoder, maybe) ?

(From the symptoms, it feels like the video decoder is crashing for some reason....)

Tony

technick

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

conclusion of my lasts tests :

Absolutely no problem with TsReader v44
    Dshowhelper v88 (with v92 sometime the video stop and sound continue - TV and videos)
    LAV Filters 0.44 (Cuda mode)
    Audio on hdmi bitstream

Note that I don't had the stop problem before I use a GT430 (but I keep the 430 ;-) Sometime I think that the problem goes away and it append after 4 days but since I reinstall Dshowhelper v88 it seem solved (wait & see).

I will now goes to LAV 0.45 and continue to use MP like this.

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Is the pdvd11 codec ok for you?
    I find that if I tune to bbc hd from itv hd I get bad pixelation - it flashes a frozen image of itv hd continuously

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Is the pdvd11 codec ok for you?
    I find that if I tune to bbc hd from itv hd I get bad pixelation - it flashes a frozen image of itv hd continuously

Looking at the logs you posted -> here <- you are using the standard MP 1.2.2 TsReader - what happens if you use noStopMod44 ?

Also does it work better with the MS DTV-DVD video decoder ?

Tony

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    I was using nostopmod v44 and thought it was that causing the pixelation, I rolled back to default to eliminate.

I don't see the pixelation with ms codec, but sometimes the picture pixelates mid stream along the top edge so thought I would try pdvd11.

I can reproduce this pixelation every time with pdvd11 set.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I was using nostopmod v44 and thought it was that causing the pixelation, I rolled back to default to eliminate.

I don't see the pixelation with ms codec, but sometimes the picture pixelates mid stream along the top edge so thought I would try pdvd11.

I can reproduce this pixelation every time with pdvd11 set.

I don't use satellite TV (only terrestial) and I use an nVidia, not AMD, video card so don't think I can help much - it feels like a codec problem to me.

I think you should post a question in the support section of the forum - other people might have suggestions.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom