Experimental TsReader development (3 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Some logs using noStopMod48 and noStopMod42d ?

AFAIK, mm1352000 did a mod to fix that Mantis issue which is included in all the noStopMod versions from v31 onwards.

Tony

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    nostopmodv48 works much better here and isn't hanging on skip back/forward like previous versions were :)

It does still go a bit jittery/out-of-sync briefly when skipping but it's still a vast improvement.

I use PDVD11 for TV codecs and LAV for Video codecs. I haven't tried the debug options but am happy to do so if you think it might show anything useful.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    It does still go a bit jittery/out-of-sync briefly when skipping but it's still a vast improvement.

That's actually intentional - it tries to show pictures earlier than it *should* by manipulating the video timestamps at the start (otherwise it wouldn't show any of the new video for a while, because of the way the streams are muxed). This puts the video and audio out of sync for the first two seconds.

If you want to turn that feature off, run MP config in debug mode ("C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Configuration.exe" /debugoptions) , go to TV -> debug options and tick the 'Do not use slow motion to sync......' box

Tony

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    That's actually intentional - it tries to show pictures earlier than it *should* by manipulating the video timestamps at the start (otherwise it wouldn't show any of the new video for a while, because of the way the streams are muxed). This puts the video and audio out of sync for the first two seconds.

If you want to turn that feature off, run MP config in debug mode ("C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Configuration.exe" /debugoptions) , go to TV -> debug options and tick the 'Do not use slow motion to sync......' box

Tony

Thanks. With the debug option ticked it's perfect. I'm not seeing any downsides here :)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Tony, using v48 now and don't see any problems. Seems to be running better then v45. I went back to v43 because v45 gave me somewhat more random stuttering and curruption. With v48 i have not seen any corruption or stuttering, still in testing phase but wanted you to know i'm still testing and appriciate what you are doing with tsreader.

jmuellers

Portal Member
    August 20, 2010
    I had problems with no audio when switching from a channel with mpeg audio to channel with AC3 audio (if ich switch to the next channel with AC3 audio, it worked). So just the first AC3 channel after a mpeg channel did not work.
    The latest nostopmod helped, i have no problems left. Thank you!

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just tried the new nostopmodv48 and .... it works absolutly great!!!! :D :D :D
    THANKS SO MUCH!!!
    I will keep on testing it and if there is anything to tell -> I will!

Now after having tested nostopmodv48 I have to say that the problem is not solved - Especially when there are "fast" scenes (Sports...) TV still runs very jerky.
    :(
    So is there anything I can do to help solving this problem? (samples are already postet...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom