Experimental TsReader development (4 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for the thoughts.

I'd thought about the 'way into the future' problem' before, but the timestamps and NewSegment start times all look OK (and match between the TsReader and LAV debug logs). MP pauses the graph when seeks, so the timestamps don't start at zero afterwards (they would if it stopped the graph).

I suspect a thread locking problem too....time for some more debug logging :)

Tony

OK - just committed new source to Git - I think I've found/fixed the problem (a timing interaction, causing TsReader sample delivery to stall).

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Seems like this was a bit premature. Sorry about that. I found it strange that my cpu fan was running at a noisy level when watching TV. Found out that the latest versions of LAV falls back to software mode instead of crashing when decoding h264 with the quicksync decoder on the tswriter45.ax (and probably the same with earlier versions). I double checked by installing the ffdshow build with the quicksync decoder and using the OSD it said libavcodec when decoding h264 and quicksync when decoding mpeg2. A x264 mkv file using ffdshow shows quicksync decoder in the OSD.

So, there is still an issue using the quicksync decoder in either ffdshow or lav with h264 tv. Also tested a recording with the same result.

Try renaming an H264 TV recording from .ts to .mkv (so that it will be opened by LAV splitter instead of TsReader) - play it from My Video (or in GraphStudio) and check if it uses the QuickSync decoder ?

Tony

olavm

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Try renaming an H264 TV recording from .ts to .mkv (so that it will be opened by LAV splitter instead of TsReader) - play it from My Video (or in GraphStudio) and check if it uses the QuickSync decoder ?

Tony

Renamed a H264 TV recording to MKV and played back using ffdshow, quicksync reported in the OSD.

I also tried your tswriter.ax (17a) in this area51 thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...k-screen-and-rtsp-infinite-loop-fixes.105545/ and got the same no quicksync for h264 problem there.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Renamed a H264 TV recording to MKV and played back using ffdshow, quicksync reported in the OSD.

I also tried your tswriter.ax (17a) in this area51 thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...k-screen-and-rtsp-infinite-loop-fixes.105545/ and got the same no quicksync for h264 problem there.

OK - what we need are the logs from a debug version of LAV video decoder (which should tell us why it's rejecting the stream).....there's probably a PMT issue here....

seb/tourettes - could you build a debug version of LAV 0.46 (or later) and tell olavm how to use it please ? - thanks :)

Tony

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK - just committed new source to Git - I think I've found/fixed the problem (a timing interaction, causing TsReader sample delivery to stall).

Tony
    Seems to work absolutely great!! I wasn't able to trigger a hang with LAV again and seeking is faster than ever before on my system ;-) THX!

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Some new test results with NoStopMod .47 & Lav .48 -> no freezes on skipping in recording.

Then upgraded to latest LAV bin and did some more testing. After upgrading LAV the first skip attempt (in recording) locked up the playback but it got released by itself about 20/25 secs later (returned to GUI). The 2nd attempt went well, no lockups/freezes. Logs attached from both attempts.

Attachments

• 2nd attempt = OK.rar
      12.9 KB
    • lockup on first skip + released.rar
      6.7 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    noStopMod48 added -> here <-

Fix for hang/quit after seek bug, experimental workaround for UNC 'file doesn't exist' timeshift file problem, new debug registry settings (to disable graph rebuild on video frame size change).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To use the new debug registry settings - play something to create the default key values, then open regedit and go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team MediaPortal\TsReader

You should see three DWORD values:

DisableVidSizeRebuildMPEG2
    DisableVidSizeRebuildH264
    DisableAddPMT

Change the value of 'DisableVidSizeRebuildMPEG2' to '1' to disable the 'video size change' graph rebuild for MPEG2
    Change the value of 'DisableVidSizeRebuildH264' to '1' to disable the 'video size change' graph rebuild for H.264

(All the values default to '0')

Note: this is new code and not well tested (I don't have the mix of TV channels to test it properly) ;)

Tony

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is this what is required ?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team MediaPortal\TsReader]
    "DisableVidSizeRebuildMPEG2"="1"
    "DisableVidSizeRebuildH264"="1"
    "DisableAddPMT"="1"

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Is this what is required ?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team MediaPortal\TsReader]
    "DisableVidSizeRebuildMPEG2"="1"
    "DisableVidSizeRebuildH264"="1"
    "DisableAddPMT"="1"

I suggest leaving"DisableAddPMT" as '0' (the default setting), but feel free to try it....

Note for everyone : these debug settings are for experimentation - disabling the graph rebuild on 'video size change' can result in black screens etc with some video decoders....

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom