Experimental TsReader development (2 Viewers)

sukceso

Portal Pro
November 6, 2008
Herrenberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Experimental TsReader development

Hi,

I get a short stuttering at the beginning only when I switch to a HD channel. For SD channels there is no stuttering at the beginning. Might have to do with the amount of data retrieved or needed to start showing the picture? Other than that, I have no problems with v33.

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi all,

Just a wee note.......I notice that when I am playing back a recording (TV) then if I skip forward (skip, not FFWD) then I'll get what appears to be the same video glitch as when changing channel.

V33.

Ian.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all,

Just a wee note.......I notice that when I am playing back a recording (TV) then if I skip forward (skip, not FFWD) then I'll get what appears to be the same video glitch as when changing channel.

V33.

Ian.

This is normal - when it skips the filter graph is paused, a seek is performed (to the new postion), all the old data is flushed out of the graph, then it starts play again. This is pretty much the same as what happens at a channel change (except that the position doesn't change).

Tony

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Possible problem with Tsreader........?:-

Sorry no logs, this one caught me by surprise.

Have been running V33 for a few days now and last night whilst watching TV I noticed that all of a sudden for no reason every few seconds the video would glitch (audio is ok). Very similar glitch as to when you change channel but this time it was continual.
    I tried changing channels hoping it would clear it but what ended up happening was that MP ground to a halt to the point it froze up the GUI. I could still hear the audio but was stuck at the TV Guide (mini TV frozen).

All I could do was End Task MP, stop/start the TV Service and restart MP.....from there it was fine again.

PS. My Sat card (TBS-6981) is set to PAUSE.

Ian.

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi, I am here because of the black-screen problem on a nice and stock MP: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/bugreports-74/black-screen-when-starting-tv-102547/
    Just downloaded TsReader_noStopMod33 - will let you know how it works for me... Thank you for what you do, faster channel shifting will be great.

For now; it stutters for 1-3 secs after changing channel, then maybe once more at 5 secs - every time. Did only test with normal channels.

ok, black (no picture) as described in previous thread still happens.
    audio and video stutter after chenging channel.
    I reverted to default TsReader.ax - A/V stuttering gone.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    noStopMod34 added -> here <-

Not had time to try it with RTSP/UNC live TV, so feedback welcome :)

Tony

(the source code in GitHub branch is not quite up-to-date, due to problems 'pushing' changes this evening - EDIT now updated)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Tony,

RTSP and UNC with 34 are working fine here, using mpaudiorenderer on single seat. Have not seen any freeze problems since version 33. No more audio stuttering on channel change too.

Greetings,

Wouter

sukceso

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2008
    Herrenberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Experimental TsReader development

Hi,

can only agree with wouter1971. No more or only minimal stuttering after channel change, very good! Keep up your great work to improve Mediaportal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom