Experimental TsReader development (4 Viewers)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Tony,

Question1: I have seen some corruption ones in a while. No freeze or problem just some corruption. I think it's because of some discontinuities. What i am seeing is that audio is not in sync anymore after the corruption. Mostly it's ok and the tsreader can survive some distortion. But in case of harder curruption audio/video sync is solved by stepping back -15s.
    I believe the video stream is continuesly monitored for audio/video sync or not?

Question2: Are discontinuities always comming from tswriter/cam or is it possible that the optimalisations the developers make to mediaportal could generate some?

Greetings,

Wouter

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Experimental TsReader development

Also seeing corruptions with v34, no freeze or stutter after channel change. Reverted to v33 with way less corruption.

Not being the common use case though. Using LAVfilters in software mode.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Tony,

Question1: I have seen some corruption ones in a while. No freeze or problem just some corruption. I think it's because of some discontinuities. What i am seeing is that audio is not in sync anymore after the corruption. Mostly it's ok and the tsreader can survive some distortion. But in case of harder curruption audio/video sync is solved by stepping back -15s.
    I believe the video stream is continuesly monitored for audio/video sync or not?

Question2: Are discontinuities always comming from tswriter/cam or is it possible that the optimalisations the developers make to mediaportal could generate some?

Greetings,

Wouter

Q1. Is this a new problem with v34 ? Which video/audio decode filters and audio renderer are you using ?

Q2. The TsWriter log should show received signal discontinuities. Client/Server systems using RTSP can also have discontinuities caused by lost network packets.

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Experimental TsReader development

Also seeing corruptions with v34, no freeze or stutter after channel change. Reverted to v33 with way less corruption.

Not being the common use case though. Using LAVfilters in software mode.

Can you post full logs please ?

Tony

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Sure thing. I'll run two 30 minute trials with v33 and v34 tonight.

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

As promised two trials with logs, just 5 mins as I could quickly reproduce the (video) corruptions with worst case scnenario Discovery HD of German SKY.

v34, roughly from 1845-1850
    Video corruption the whole way through also stuttering, skipping gave a short relief at best, CPU was hovering around 75%.

v33, roughly from 1900-1905
    Some corruption starting around the 3 minute mark on and off, CPU at around 85-90%

As I said worst case Discovery HD, I can watch other 1080i channels like ESPN America HD without a single corruption or stutter (besides a few cases when changing channels) with v33 and LAV software decoding. With v34 I had corruption on those channels as well.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe a stupid question, but can anyone explain the function of the tsreader.ax? I'm putting it in the mediaportal programfiles folder, and execute it.. That's right?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Maybe a stupid question, but can anyone explain the function of the tsreader.ax? I'm putting it in the mediaportal programfiles folder, and execute it.. That's right?

It's a special DirectShow 'splitter' filter, used by MP when it's playing live and recorded TV.

It reads data from a file or via RTSP, and splits it into video/audio/subtitle streams - to feed the video/audio/subtitle decode filters which connect to it's output 'pins' in the DirectShow 'graph'.

Just drop it into the MP program folder, to replace the one that's already in there (after making a backup copy of the original, of course...)

Tony

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

It's a special DirectShow 'splitter' filter, used by MP when it's playing live and recorded TV. It reads data from a file or via RTSP and splits it into video/audio/subtitle streams (for the video/audio/subtitle decode filters).

Just drop it into the MP program folder, to replace the one that's already in there (after making a backup copy of the original, of course...)

Tony

Allright, thanks! :D Couldn't find it on the topic.. Well, I will do some tests..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom