Experimental TsReader development (5 Viewers)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can't see any discontinuities due to signal corruptions in either TsReader.log - were there any ?

Tony

It's both playback of a recording not LiveTV. In this case i did not see corruptions just audio/video going out of sync.
    Bad example?

No, but I think it means that the problem is not because of signal corruptions......so does it slowly drift out of sync, or jump out at some point ?

Tony

As reported earlier, i have not seen problems with audio/video sync on LiveTV with nostopmod39 and mpaudiorenderer, just playback of a recording gives problems on audio/video sync. Jumps out of sync at some point, in both logfiles this should be visible. Also i had audio stutters and dolby digital signal singal jumping on receiver, i saw a buffer underrun in the mpaudiorenderer log of first zip.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't know if it's part of the problem, but there are quite a few 'WAVEFORMATEX - CheckMediaType' lines in the log - the incoming audio format changes between 2 and 6 (=5.1) channels every few minutes. It's then taking more than a second (in one case nearly 4 seconds) to re-initialise the renderer with the new format (if I'm understanding the logs correctly) - which seems like a long time.

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    It's hard to know - I was just looking for things happening in the logs, but it would be interesting to try a channel with MPEG audio (if you have any), since they are normally stereo only (no 2 -> 6 -> 2 etc switching).

Tony

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tony, i have mpeg and AC3 channels, switching it has never been a problem. Just trying to find a recording with corruption to illustrate the audio sync problem better.

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    St.Marienkirchen, Eferding
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Experimental TsReader development

I just tried to have a decent christmas tv session with my girlfriend watching FOX HD(SKY)...but the stuttering is awful :(
    Now I've switched back to SD and it works now...
    Hardware shouldn't be the problem - using Multiseat with Gbit Lan.
    Server: E5300@3Ghz, 4GB RAM
    Client: E7400@3,33Ghz with oc'ed GTX460.
    Do you need more logging?

edit: I'm now trying the 1.22 tsreader and dshowhelper0089, which seems to work quite decent.
    And I'm using FTR 1.6.0.1beta1, but ít doesn't seem to cause those discontinouties and stuttering.

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Same with me.

SD works close to perfekt but HD channels have quite a few glitches. Hopefully this can be fixed.

Logs attached.

Regards
    Mylle

glenn 1990

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Is it A known problem that some stream details don't update on channel change?
    I'm creating a tuning details screen for the 4TR plugin and I want to use "g_Player.GetVideoFormat().streamType" and "g_Player.GetVideoFormat().isInterlaced", but they don't seems to update on channel change.

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    St.Marienkirchen, Eferding
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Experimental TsReader development

It's not only a tsreader problem - 0039 is running not too bad now with dshowhelper0089. I have an issue with my weather database(having own weather station), I tried to fix this and installed process lasso to balance those heavy cpu load scenarios better. I'll have a look at all this tomorrow.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Is it A known problem that some stream details don't update on channel change?
    I'm creating a tuning details screen for the 4TR plugin and I want to use "g_Player.GetVideoFormat().streamType" and "g_Player.GetVideoFormat().isInterlaced", but they don't seems to update on channel change.

TsReader.ax does provide the info to MP player code (via the 'OnVideoFormatChanged' callback when video format or resolution have changed), but I don't know how it's used after that (other than for the graph rebuilding if necessary).

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom