[solved] Export tool and import support from MP-TVSeries & Moving Pictures to MP2 (3 Viewers)

SINCowboy

Portal Member
September 3, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
OK, let's start checking for the error.

In my Database, the information in the VolumeLabels is as I described, literally the Windows Hard Drive volume name (regardless of whether it is on the client pc or NAS), No good way to map it to path because in a few cases I have different paths on same drive. Another issue I had is that my Database did not map exactly as yours (fields/columns in a different order), so pulling information by column number led to incorrect information.

I found a workaround to the above by simply manually replacing the info in the VolumeLabel field with the correct path data (from ImportPathes table) and by creating a new database with the columns reordered to match your mapping, giving me partial success. The TVShow.nfo (Series information) is correctly written and the TVShow fanart/etc. is correctly copied; HOWEVER: I am having issues with the episode information.

I discovered that the episode data retrieved (season and episode numbers) don't match the local episodes, so that either the information written to the episode nfo file is for the wrong episode (correct series but wrong episode, ex: episode 7x7 has data from episode 2x1) or the app crashes (I assume because it is attempting to retrieve non-existent information)

I found the code that is causing my problem and have been attempting to modify/rewrite some of the Autoit code that does the season/episode matching of the local_episode and online_episode tables but I still need to wrap my head around the syntax and function of some of the Autoit code (specifically how to build a new array from the online_episode table that matches Series, Season, Episode)

Last edited:

SINCowboy

Portal Member
September 3, 2015
Home Country
But about columns having other order, that I have yo think about.

It may not be an issue for others, I have a database that goes back to early MP1 builds that has been updated over the years and I assume there have been many changes to the fields/column order - there is probably a way to map it using row 0 field names... but I just found it easier to make a temp database with field order that matched yours than try to recode.

The second part sounds like I may have done some error.

I *think* there is a bug in the array building (ex: $aTVSeriesGetSeriesOnlineEpisodes - which gets ALL the episodes but the row info doesn't necessarily match the local episodes array the way it is being referenced) but as I mentioned in my first post, my coding skills are decades old and rusty so I'm not positive. Once I am more comfortable with Autoit maybe I will figure it out. (I was thinking of building a new single line array each time an episode nfo file is written to specifically match the local episode)

[Update:] Actually, I realized I don't need to do a multi variable search. Both online_episodes and local_episodes already have a combination ID field. So, I just matched that, seems to work correctly. After I have some coffee I will finish coding.

Last edited:

SINCowboy

Portal Member
September 3, 2015
Home Country
raffe,
[edited] I finished some code modifications which fixes the problems I had (wrong episode information issue/crashes) and has some other bug fixes and additions. Later, I may also look at a method to fix the problem if columns are ordered differently. If you are interested in seeing my changes perhaps I can PM you the code (or you can tell me how to send you the changes). I've never code collaborated with anyone so I don't know anything about Github commits, etc.

Last edited:

raffe

Portal Pro
March 28, 2008
I have same limited knowledge about Github etc., seems like we both have similar decades old and rusty coding skills ;-) I will try to check how Github works and get back.

EDIT:
Easiest I think is this way:
1. Create an account at Gitlab
2. When you have clicked the link to now our project in Gitlab, click the link Wed IDE (up to the right)
3. On the left side, click on the file you want to change.
4. Then you can, as an example to replace the whole code, select all code in Gitlab (maybe after selecting even hit delete if you want) and copy the whole of your code from Autoit and paste to Gitlab (now only your fixed code is in Gitlab).
5. On the left side, click Commit...
6. It shows what changes you have done, compared to what was there before.
7. If everything seems OK, on the left side click Stage & Commit

After that I can go to MPTVserAndMovPic2MP2nfo.au3 · master · Raffe / MPTVSeries and MovingPictures to MP2 · GitLab and click History to see the new code and learn what was improved :)

In the au3 file we should also remember to update:
Row 17: Version, come up with something that feels right
Row 19: Add new row under change log with info about new version
Row 21: In a new row, add you to the credits

In the README.md update the same. Version, change log & credits

Last edited:

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi @raffe !
    Just found this nice tool - I wasn't happy with MovPicNfo.
    A few question: Ezample Movie & .nfo wich was created by your tool

1586685700538.png

It seems that a lot of fields (most?!?) are not assigned correctly:confused:

2. If the asset would be correct ;), would it write more than 1 Genre - and when i try to import again, would it give me again alle the Genres.
    Most nfo - scrapers have problem with that:unsure:

Attachments

• Taxi 2 (2000).zip
      1.6 KB

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    What version of MPTVserAndMovPic2MP2nfo and MediaPortal do you use? My nfo looks like this
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <movie>
    <title>Taxi</title>
    <set> </set>
    <part>1</part>
    <rating>6.8</rating>
    <votes>20008</votes>
    <year>1998</year>
    <plot>In Marseilles (France), skilled pizza delivery boy Daniel who drives a scooter finally has his dreams come true. He gets a taxi license. Caught by the police for a huge speed infraction, he will help Emilien, a loser inspector who can't drive, on the track of German bank robbers, so he doesn't lose his license and his dream job.</plot>
    <tagline> </tagline>
    <runtime>86</runtime>
    <mpaa> </mpaa>
    <language>French</language>
    <id>tt0152930</id>
    <imdb>tt0152930</imdb>
    <director>|Gérard Pirès|</director>
    <studios> </studios>
    <playcount>1</playcount>
    <genre>Action</genre>
    <genre>Comedy</genre>
    <genre>Crime</genre>