extended MP 1.1 Disaster Edition includes more features and fixes by me (1 Viewer)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: extended MP 1.1 Disaster Edition includes more features and fixes by me

Why does he need to? His great patches went into the trunk :)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: extended MP 1.1 Disaster Edition includes more features and fixes by me

Why does he need to? His great patches went into the trunk :)
    Still not all there won't go all into the SVN... :-( but you're right there is not much left...

Oh there are quite a lot more in it :) no time to search for them all - but must be about 8 or 9 til now. Not all went through the patch fourm :)

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: extended MP 1.1 Disaster Edition includes more features and fixes by me

I can offer a new version but it won't be MP 1.1.1 it will be the upcoming 1.2...

Does this mean you will make a pre/SVN release of the 1.2 in the next days?

I want (have to) make a fresh installation and it would be nice to use the most actual release (rathe than do an update a few days later).

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: extended MP 1.1 Disaster Edition includes more features and fixes by me

I can offer a new version but it won't be MP 1.1.1 it will be the upcoming 1.2...

Does this mean you will make a pre/SVN release of the 1.2 in the next days?

I want (have to) make a fresh installation and it would be nice to use the most actual release (rathe than do an update a few days later).

Yes i will - just waiting for an GUI fix from amandp.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: extended MP 1.1 Disaster Edition includes more features and fixes by me

should be possible - but the main features of my release will only be in 1.2 and i'm still waiting for some patches to be accepted or rejected.

jestermgee

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2008
    In a house
    Home Country
    Forgive me if this has been asked before...

I have been using 1.0 for a while now in Multiseat. I only use MP for live TV and had everything setup great with 4 DTV tuners and commskip working on clients with the older Disaster MP version and adding the Recordpath to the XML.

I have just uninstalled the older server and client and installed the latest one here. I re-added the recordingpath entry to the XML and confirmed on the server that a recorded file (being played in the TV section) is not using RTSP.

The file plays fine but is not using comskip data. Previous versions did.

I knnow that the TV section playback is not suppose to support comskip data but it worked in previous versions.

So is it something I may be doing or is there some instruction as to how to get Comskip working over LAN?

Hmmmm....

Just an update. It appears the comskip "does work" sortof.

If I play a file, it goes into fullscreen as normal. I try and use the chapter skip buttons but nothing happens. If I hit my fullscreen toggle button to go back to the TV browser screen then hit the chapter skip buttons, the video skips forward to the next comskip marker.

Comskip data is not picked up when playing in fullscreen? Seems weird but that is what is happening.

Any ideas or is this a bug?

Forgive me if this has been asked before...

I have been using 1.0 for a while now in Multiseat. I only use MP for live TV and had everything setup great with 4 DTV tuners and commskip working on clients with the older Disaster MP version and adding the Recordpath to the XML.

I have just uninstalled the older server and client and installed the latest one here. I re-added the recordingpath entry to the XML and confirmed on the server that a recorded file (being played in the TV section) is not using RTSP.

The file plays fine but is not using comskip data. Previous versions did.

I knnow that the TV section playback is not suppose to support comskip data but it worked in previous versions.

So is it something I may be doing or is there some instruction as to how to get Comskip working over LAN?

Hmmmm....

Just an update. It appears the comskip "does work" sortof.

If I play a file, it goes into fullscreen as normal. I try and use the chapter skip buttons but nothing happens. If I hit my fullscreen toggle button to go back to the TV browser screen then hit the chapter skip buttons, the video skips forward to the next comskip marker.

Comskip data is not picked up when playing in fullscreen? Seems weird but that is what is happening.

Any ideas or is this a bug?

Further to this it appears that the comskip data is being picked up. It seems though something has changed in MP with fullscreen TV. The Chapter buttons don't work in full screen TV but do in other screens. Does anyone know if there is a config option for this. I have never configured the keys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom