Extending SlimTV plugin - Series information (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just have added a feature to show the series/episode information inside program guide for MP2.

Examples:
    upload_2015-9-29_21-8-11.png

upload_2015-9-29_21-9-15.png

upload_2015-9-29_21-8-50.png

I'm currently thinking about a way to integrate the series library here:
    We might add another program action (this an action that appears if you click a program) which allows to navigate to series? This way you could quickly check if you already have a specific episode in your library...

Any more ideas about this? @Developers and @Testers

Attachments

• upload_2015-9-29_21-8-23.png
      upload_2015-9-29_21-8-23.png
      1.2 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    (y) Nice.

:rolleyes: I think I found a bug in first screenshot. TV guide is selected, but settings symbol and headline are shown.

Btw., just bought a second Hauppauge 5500-HD for my working PC, so soon I'll be able to also overwork the TV design in BlueVision skin. Some of the screenshots of the TV section look really not nice, need to overwork that soon :ROFLMAO:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think I found a bug in first screenshot. TV guide is selected, but settings symbol and headline are shown.
    Yep, this is wrong (but specific to BlueVision) ;)

Note that I've used the shortcut to enter the TV guide ("G"), this bypasses any navigation of the top group menu...

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I really need to get MP2 into test phase now. Just don't know where to take the time from :(

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Looks great.
    Any more ideas about this?
    About this specific feature, Maybe...
    1. Don't know if it's possible that the new action leads directly to the corresponding series and/or season in the ML. If yes, this would be nice.
    2. Don't know if it's possible to integrate a new action for an internet lookup (TVDB) or if available, a lookup into our ML to provide all metadata for this series. If yes, this would be nice.

About SlimTV Plugin, Definitely...
    1. Add a list of scheduled recordings ordered by time.
    2. Add a list of scheduled recordings ordered by time.
    3. Add a list of scheduled recordings ordered by time.
    :D Really the most important improvement of the TV section that is not done now...

4. Add an indicator if a recording actually is running. (The famous "red dot")

5. Add a button to refresh the recordings share and the recordings screen without the need to go all the way through the settings. When you are watching a recording and another one is started while you in the screen this new one did not show up before you do a refresh. I always see this while watching Formula 1. This are three broadcasts. The pre- report, the race itself and the post- report. As there is such a huge amount of commercials inside this, I normally start watching with a delay of at least half an hour. So when I'm done with the pre- report the race has begun already. But the recording first shows up when I leave the recordings screen and trigger a manual refresh of the recordings share. The refresh itself really is fast, but the way to get to the button really takes ages. Especially if my NAS with movies is not online (as usual). Then it takes minutes before I can continue watching the race...

6. Fix the existing Schedules View as it only shows 2 out of 60++ schedules here since ever it was implemented. I can provide a screenshot to show this issue later today, if you need...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1. Add a list of scheduled recordings ordered by time.
    2. Add a list of scheduled recordings ordered by time.
    3. Add a list of scheduled recordings ordered by time.
    Yes, work is now in progress. Most code is already there, just to add a new entry point and few other details.

While working on this, I just found a nasty bug in resource server: https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP2-498, which is now fixed :D

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Great... This is something I'm missing desperately now.

About my point 6 Here is the screenshot showing the result in MP2 client:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

and those are my schedules as listed in SetupTV
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

Also I don't think it is helpful I've attached the log...

Attachments

• Client.zip
      12 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom