Extensions Manager has outdated version info for the Extensions plug-in (1 Viewer)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I am attempting a virgin installation and configuration of MP1 v1.26 on a fresh installation on windows 8.1 Pro x64. When i try to install the Extensions plug-in from the Extensions Manager (MpeInstaller.exe v 1.26) GUI, it offers me versions 1.2.1.195 and 1.2.0.192 of the Extensions plug-in, both of which yield a file not found error. Looking at the plug-in page, I find v1.2.2.199, which I was able to download and install (using MpeInstaller.exe v 1.26). The installer reported success, and I now see Extensions in MP Config.
    I am attaching the Mpeinstaller log, but it doesn't show an error for the Extensions plugin. Instead it shows one for the second installation of Online Videos. I didn't notice any corresponding error message in the GUI, but I am convinced that the error has the same cause. As you can see in the logfile the first installation of Online Videos was successful. I attempted to reinstall it because the Online Videos installation als offers to install some other components, including the Extensions plugin. When I ran the Online Videos installation the second time, I selected the Extension plug-ins from the menu of additional components.

Attachments

• MpeInstaller.log
      10.8 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That is a really old plugin.
    I recently removed this from my system because it was giving me (can't remember the exact ones) errors
    And about onlinevideos, it seems that that one is somewhere using .net framework 1.1, and my guess is that that one isn't installed on your system
    Is onlinevideos working properly for you?

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    That is a really old plugin.
    I recently removed this from my system because it was giving me (can't remember the exact ones) errors
    And about onlinevideos, it seems that that one is somewhere using .net framework 1.1, and my guess is that that one isn't installed on your system
    Is onlinevideos working properly for you?
    Online Videos is working fine for me :)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    The originally reported problem with the offered version of the Extensions plug-in still exists in MP 1.27 (unsurprising, as the data presumably comes from Team-MP's servers). I performed a clean single-seat installation of MP 1.27. Extensions Manager still offers me versions 1.2.1.195 and 1.2.0.192 of the Extensions plug-in, which is available from the plug-in download page in version 1.2.2.199. I prefer to install plug-ins (including the LAV splitters) from the MPEI GUI, as it usually helps me to manage them, i.e. see what I have installed and make sure that I have the current version.
    Curiously, the opposite problem exists with the MyLyrics plug-in. MPEI offers v 2.2.1.284, whereas the plug-in page only mentions v1.8.0. Furthermore, the external link on the download tab is broken.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Is JIra the appropriate venue for problems like these? The only MPEI tickets I see there are about the code. Where does MPEI get its data, and how is the content managed? I didn't find anything that looked like MPEI data on GitHub.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Not really, as that jira is for the main mediaportal program.
    Better ask @ltfearme what the status is. For one, the link to the forum thread on Extensions isnt working anymore...
    Thanks for the info.
    I have sent @ltfearme a message through "Contact Owner" on the plugin page. However, the Extensions plugin is only an example.
    There are other extensions which are "out of sync" with MPEI in one way or another.
    Where does MPEI get its data?
    Who is responsible for updating it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom