External Bluray Player and Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use TMT 6 as the external BD player in Moving Pictures, this worked fine with Win 7 but since upgrading to Win 10 when I attempt to play a Bluray movie (.iso on the HDD) I get a black screen (TV says No Signal) but I can hear the audio. If I press a button on the remote e.g. Info. then the video appears and all works OK.
    Any ideas how I can correct this minor problem? %Auguments% maybe?

Please note I am aware that TMT is a dead product and that the latest Win 10 video driver for AMD graphic cards kills it (I am running an older version) but it works fine standalone.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Further to the above it seems that the problem does lie with the way Moving Pictures withWin 10 starts up the external player. In MePo Config I tried setting TMT6 as the extenal player for DVDs/Images and turned it off in Moving Pictures. When I select the same BD .iso's that did not display as per the previous post TMT does now start up in the foreground and I can select and play the movie (%root% mode). I then went back and enabled it again in Moving Pictures and also used the %root% augument but it still gives me a black screen until I do something with the remote where upon it shows TMT in %root% mode.
    I would prefer to be able to limit the use of TMT 6 to Blurays as per the option in Moving Pictures and also have it starting up the movie per %filename% which does not seem to work in the MePo config.

It would be real nice to be able to resolve this:D.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @joecrow, try MediaPortal2 otherwise, see if the build in video system works for you as a replacement for MovPic, as you then have a single external player config to deal with. Or give the internal player another shot, as a lot of developers have made it work just like the old external players. Whatever feature TMT6 was giving you, it will be easier to convince them to add that to the build in player direct or via a plugin such as MP-BDHandler.

Otherwise use a dedicated HTPC with Windows 7. The OS is just a way to launch MediaPortal, so it doesn't matter much what you use.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    Thanks for the response. The reason I want to use TMT6 is for BD3D, which to the best of my knowledge is still not available via the internal players or the MP-BD handler. I am more than happy using the internal players for everything else, including SBS 3D but the BD3D feature is important for me and TMT or PowerDVD, at the moment, seem to be only games in town? Staying on Win 7 is not an option for me and I do like Win 10. From observation, as described in the OP, and elswhere Win 10 does seem to handle the way its windows stay in focus differently from Win 7, actually an improvement, background operations which were displayed over MP With Win 7 do not in Win 10. Are you sure ther is no way to fix this in Moving Pictures or MP1

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have no idea what is possible in MovPic or MP1, just did not want to leave you hanging without at least some type of answer.

Try running MP1, and TMT6 in windowed mode, so you got a better idea what is happening in terms of launch/focus/etc. You might be able to solve it indirectly with a 3rd party plugin such as MPFocus.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again
    Thanks for the response and no worries you have not left me hanging, I will continue to look for a solution. FYI with MP in windowed mode I still get a full blank screen (but without the TV "No Signal" notification) after selecting a movie (which will be played by TMT6) from Moving Pictures. I was thinking of trying to get EventGhost to bring it back in to focus, but am a little wary based on previous experiences where it (EG) often did not restart properly after the HTPC resumed from sleep! The bottom line though is that a click on the info button is not a bad workarround, just a WAF problem.

Just one more thing , do you have any info. on the MPFocus plugin you mentioned, I can only find a couple of vague referencies to it in the forum and a link that no longer works?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not sure if yours is a bug, or if you simply did not configure the MePo settings correctly for your usage.

Hmm, it could be the config. I have re-checked everything, it is how I want it (I do not have always on top set) and and I don't see anything that looks wrong! I also tried with auto refresh disabled in TMT6 but no difference. I am now using a very simple macro in EventGhost that fixes the problem automatically:), see the attached screenshot for details in anyone else has the problem, and will keep my fingers crossed that the latest version of EG (with Win 10 support) is more reliable.:unsure:
    A further interesting observation is that despite my best efforts to stop Win 10 updating the video driver it has done so at some point, however whilst this does result in TMT6 failing with a fatal error in standalone mode it does not seem to cause any problems with the MCE mode(uMCEPlayer6.exe) which is what I use from Moving Pictures, this is very good news because it means I am not forced to use a Win 10 unsupported and outdated driver:).

Thanks for your help and hopefully this closes the issue.

Attachments

• EG.png
      EG.png
      299.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom