External Channel Changing problem (1 Viewer)

camyoung

June 18, 2008
Home Country
hey guys, i'm having trouble with my STB and Mediaportal. I added all the channels under analogue, with the STB channel under the channel option, and they are all mapped to my Hauuppage PVR-150lp.

they all appear fine in the tv guide but the problem arrises when i select a channel. the blaster doesnt appear to be doing anything. I have and-81's IR server suite installed and the STB is responding to every keypress when i use the test function on the plugin's configure screen, however when i change channels in mediaportal the blaster does nothing.

the TV3 plugin is enabled and configured to the right card. i have no idea what to do next, any help would be greatly appriciated.

for people who know, i'm an Aussie, so i'm using Foxtel Digitals STB. if that helps

thanks in advance,
camyoung

TV-Server Version: 1.0.0.0RC1
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0RC1
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo - Wide
Windows Version: XP -Professional

1. TV Card: Hauupage Nova-T-500
1. TV Card Type: Dual DVB-T

2. TV Card: Huappage 150LP MCE
2. TV Card Type: Analogue

Remote: Microsoft MCE Remote
TV: 50inch Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI + analogue audio

cocjp

September 14, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
External Channels in new release

I tried the new release 1.0 and there seems to be a problem with blasting. The TV Mapping section in the new release (TV Server Config) does not have a setting for "External" channel. Since this is not set the external channel change is not getting called and therefore not blasting ( I am using the serial plugin). My channels are set to Analog which means the channels should change on my card, but I am using S-Video in on one channel. I setup some debug statements in the motorola serial plugin and it is not receiving any channel change messages. So I have removed the new version and I am back to the old one. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

Has anyone out there figured out how to change external channels on Version 1 using the TV Server?

I also just got a new motorola QIP-7100 and there are not any drivers for this to use the firewire blasting. Anyone know if this is in the works? I tried the FireSTB but the drivers do not work for this STB.

I pulled down the source code and I might give it a shot to track this bug down, or maybe I am missing something in the setup. I am using Schedules Direct to pull the channel data.

My Setup:
Standalone Shuttle XPS
Fios Cable
Motorola STB
Hauppauge 150 PCI card

I hope to get HiDef working once I find a driver for the HD STB but this would be nice to support natively in MP.

idonwong

Portal Member
January 20, 2009
Hi, I've also run into the problem where I can't control my stb because the "external" tab is missing from the edit channels dialog. Did you find a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance.

AScott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Camyoung,

I have this identical problem, and have tried everything to fix it. Did you ever get this resolved? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ascott

idonwong

Portal Member
    January 20, 2009
    Hi all,

I personally managed to get it working by reading the IR Server Suite thread a little more carefully. The part I missed was:

Edited by Rekenaar; 2009-01-30. Reason: Attach 1.0.4.1 patch files here
    If you are still using V1.0.4.1, please install the following 2 patches.
    You must disable the input service (start menu, run, services.msc, find the input server and stop it) before you can update the files.
    Microsoft MCE Transceiver 1.0.4.1 - SP1
    TV3BlasterPlugin - 1.0.4.1 2008-01-13

After I installed the MCE replacement, and blaster plugin, i was able to control the external STB from inside the MediaPortal client. Good luck!

AScott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks!

Idonwong, terrific, it worked for me too. Should have paid more attention reading through the forum.

Thanks for your help.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom