External Config.exe, Please! (1 Viewer)

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Okay, MP2 is very nice, but the setup is horrible esp. on a tablet with only a touch screen :( most times I clicked anywhere, but it does not store my input and close only the dialog window.

Thats very horrible and so I can change anything in the on-screen setup. I'll missing an external config.exe like in MP1, where I can do my setup. Please provide one!

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
September 29, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
An external web based configuration is in development. Regarding status and further steps I'm really not sure.
The dev who started with it, is seldom actively around in forum, an indicator, that it could take long time.

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Why does the devs not develop a config-tool like in MP1?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Why does the devs not develop a config-tool like in MP1?
    because the goal of MP2 is to keep inside the GUI, and don't need to use keyboard / mouse for setting, and every time restart the Client. ;)

edit : about an usage on tablet @morpheus_xx did few test a long time ago ...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay, MP2 is very nice, but the setup is horrible esp. on a tablet with only a touch screen :( most times I clicked anywhere, but it does not store my input and close only the dialog window.
    I noticed this as well. For now you can consider to switch to "default" skin, which is quite basic but should be more touch friendly. When configuration is done, you can switch skin back to your preferred one.

The reason is that other skins (BlueVision+WMC) are capturing user interaction outside the dialog and close it. This seems to be not very reliable for controls (checkboxes, radiobuttons or buttons)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom