External Control Plugin III (PVR Scheduler): "No connection to MP" (1 Viewer)

heikoh

Portal Pro
September 5, 2007
Hi everyone,

I'm using:

MP 110B SVN 23491
Single-Seat Setup
PVR Scheduler 181
Win7 x64 RTM

Everything working so far - however, the External Control Plugin III (ECP III) can't communicate with MP anymore.
If I create recordings with the EPG, they appear in the PVR Scheduler and wakeup from S4 work fine.

However, in PVR Scheduler if I go to "Settings" -> "MediaPortal" -> "Check MediaPortal Connection and get Configuraiton", it says:
"MediaPortal Check Failed. Please make sure that MediaPortal is running and the ECPPlugin is enabled. Your firewall mustn't block HTTP Channel 3334, which is used by the External Control Plugin III."

I even tried unblocking this port in windows firewall or even diabling Windows firewall at all - no luck.

In the MP configuration utility, the ECP III is enabled!
If I run the the connection check with TVE3, it says everything fine.

Any help appreciated.
I also posted in PVRScheduler-Forums, however, no reply yet...

Thanks,

Heiko

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Yes, I think you are right about this possibly being a Windows 10 problem. Mostly because I didn't touch MP or it's settings, it just got broken while I was away. I read somewhere (unfortunately I don't have a link to it right now) that the latest major update to Windows 10, Creators Update, removed some parts of windows file sharing...
Yes, I think you are right about this possibly being a Windows 10 problem. Mostly because I didn't touch MP or it's settings, it...
Running Mediaportal 1.17 On Win 10 x64 Pro since a few weeks back (updated from 1.16). Haven't had any problems. When I left home...
Replies
Views
I think, for start a pull request would be also good :)
I think, for start a pull request would be also good :)
I've been testing changes I made to MP2's TvEngine that allows the user to have more control on how the three series schedule types...
Replies
Views
Nolos, Since you mentioned Plex and you own the SiliconDust HD Homerun, I would recommend that you instead take a serious look at Emby rather than Plex. Emby is basically a competitor to Plex. And, they just added native support for the HD HomeRun for Live TV. Their big thing is that they want the TV guide to be "stunning". It would...
Nolos, Since you mentioned Plex and you own the SiliconDust HD Homerun, I would recommend that you instead take a serious look at...
Just wanted to give you a heads up on my recent and very first install of your software. I have Plex and I use PlayOn and I just...
Replies
Views
0.6.1 and up firmwares should be supported soon enough, made a fix for it and let dev know so with any luck this will get included :) Can follow issue here if you want: conflicting declaration 'typedef volatile uint8_t RwReg' · Issue #15 · focalintent/FastLED-Sparkcore · GitHub
0.6.1 and up firmwares should be supported soon enough, made a fix for it and let dev know so with any luck this will get included...
Introduction Since Hue had its fair share of limitations due to the protocol and it not being well suited for fast Ambilight...
Replies
Views
Can you do everything you need with free version of Plex or did you have to sign up for monthly premium service?
Can you do everything you need with free version of Plex or did you have to sign up for monthly premium service?
Hey guys, before I begin, I want to say I appreciate any help you can offer. Basically, I have been using Windows Media Center for...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom