External database access (1 Viewer)

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
February 4, 2009
Berlin
Germany Germany
Hi,

is it possible to access the MP2 database (possibly remote) as an external program?

This is a necessity to use MP2 within MPExtended.

edit: and just so it's clear, i don't mean the database(mysql/mssql/...) directly but the MP2 server controlled db...

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    When you want to access the medialibrary it's better to use the Mp2 core modules rather than any direct DB access.

You could write a server plugin that offers the required informations, providing WCF services or using UPnP.

Please tell us what you are planning to do and we will find a good way :)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Germany Germany
    Well my intention is to write plugins for the mpextended service to access the MP2 database instead of the MP1 databases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    Icaro Close MP when the external player is started General Support 13
    cerberus Externer RC6 USB Empfänger gesucht Fernbedienung/Tastatur/IR 8
    M Problem With Sending Channel to External Program from TV3 Blaster IR Server Suite (IRSS) 1
    Icaro [solved] JRiver as external player Codecs, External Players 31
    Hotkey Search for external Graphic Card to use UHD w. 60Hz Video-Cards 0
    V EXTERNE FESTPLATTE KOPIEREN Hardware 4
    joecrow BD Playback with External Player (Unnecessary Menu) 1.19 5
    joecrow MP 1.19 BD Playback with External Player (Unnecessary Menu) General Support 0
    Rob Hexenmeister Detect recording in progress from external script (AHK) General Support 8
    P External Capture Cards General 3
    toricred Using TMM, How to Stop Importer From Going to The Movie Database for Data General 1
    H MP2 database won't keep in synch with recordings General 8
    F How to reset tv recordings database General 5
    A Synchronizing client databases MediaPortal 1 Talk 10
    R Problems accessing MySQL database remotely MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    globaldonkey Music Database Error Listen Music 1
    R [solved] Files moved to new location - Easy way to update database? My TVSeries 7
    R Files moved to different location - Easy way to update database? Moving Pictures 2
    H [solved] Video database genres, sort titles and collection thumbnails Newcomers Forum 12
    G MP1 TV Server "failed to upgrade the database" using MS Sql Server Installation, configuration support 3
    D PC rebuild & MP2 upgrade - how to preserve database and settings? General 1
    H MP1.21F video database scan, can it be scheduled to automatically run in background General Support 5
    D Large xml database in My Movies Management. I remain unclear on use My Films as bridge to MP2.2 General 9
    ajs Sync databases by Media Sync Service MediaPortal 1 Talk 26
    J Database schema General 0