External Database? (1 Viewer)

j0kk3

Portal Member
October 1, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi!

I'm quite sure im not alone on this, how do i go forth modifying so which i can say that my database is located on a network drive.

Would it be possible to move all databases to a network drive? banners, fan art...

As i have a setup with more then 5 computers i would really like to just do all the modifying on one computer. (all run with exact same settings, mapped drives etc etc...)

All help appreciated :)

Wondermusic

Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: External Database?

Hi,
    thats very easy. Go to your Networkdrive and make a new folder thats accessible from all computers. Now just copy the folders database and thumbs, as you can see in the attached picture, to your Network drive.

You will find these folders in the normaly hidden C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal (Picture2).

When you are finished with that, the next step ist to tell MP on every Computer where to find now the new database and thumbs folder.

You have to edit the MediaPortalDirs.xml, located under C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

Now go to line 65 and 69 to edit the paths for the two folders. In my case you have to change the value to
    Code:
      <Dir id = "Database">
        <Path>\\192.168.0.100\MP_Server\Database_1.1\</Path>
      </Dir>
      <!-- The Path for the Thumbs, like Music Cover Art, TV Logos, etc. -->
      <Dir id = "Thumbs">
        <Path>\\192.168.0.100\MP_Server\Thumbs_1.1\</Path>
      </Dir>

When you are finished with that, every Computer in your Network will get the database and all pictures in the thumbs folder from your Networkdrive.

Thats all. :D

Attachments

• HS.JPG
      HS.JPG
      27.2 KB
    • HS2.JPG
      HS2.JPG
      75.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom