External Player option work, but Internal Player starts running too (1 Viewer)

THX-UltraII

Portal Member
January 28, 2009
Havin some problems with the external player option:

I selected the external player option in both video and dvd in the config of MP.
Mediaportal starts running MPC-HC when I choose a movie via Movies Pictures, but mediaportal also attempts to run the selected movie (video_ts folder, .mkv or .wmv, it doens t matter which movie source I pick) with the internal player (I get a notification that the file cannot be played but still, there is the attempt). Is there a way to prevent Mediportal from doing this? I only want MPC to run the selected movie.

iaTa

Portal Member
February 17, 2009
I'm having this exact same problem with MPC-HC. As soon as I close MPC-HC the same video starts playing from within MediaPortal. It also will then not allow me to launch any new videos until I restart MediaPortal.

Any ideas?

iaTa

Portal Member
February 17, 2009
There is a facility to launch any external player from within the configuration utility. I also know of other people that have it configured to use MPC so it obviously works for some:

Configuring MCE Remote for Windows Media Player Classic - AVForums.com

It launches fine and plays fine, it's just that when closing MPC the video launches again using the internal MediaPortal player. I need a way to stop this from happening.

The internal player is not an option for me as I am using new features which are only available from within the latest MPC-HC SVN builds. Haali splitter for example does not currently see HD audio streams (e.g. TrueHD). FFDShow now has the ability to decode TrueHD as 24bit 192KHz and it sounds incredible.

iaTa

Portal Member
February 17, 2009
Ok Paranoid I've followed that guide exactly and I can't work out how to force MediaPortal to use the FFDShow codec for .m2ts files which contain MLP TrueHD streams. Haali will only select the DD stream as it can't see the TrueHD stream. Is it possible to change splitters in MediaPortal? Seems a shame that I have this problem with MPC-HC configured as an external player as everything works perfectly in that.

EDIT: Ok I unregistered the MPC audio codec using RadLight and it's now using FFDShow to decode TrueHD from within MediaPortal :) Now off to test other video formats/containers.

EDIT: Ok had to use Arcsoft MKV splitter and that way Haali doesn't block TrueHD stream but MKV's still work. Looks like I'm all sorted playing videos from within MediaPortal.

n3w813

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have the same problem as iaTa above. But instead of MPC, I use Zoom Player. After playing a video with the external player, when going back to MP, MP starts to play the same file with internal player. There was an issue with Moving Pictures plugin, but that has been fixed but I'm still having the same problem. :(

iaTa

Portal Member
February 17, 2009
Someone recently asked me how I got TrueHD working in the inbuilt player...

What I did is this:

1) Install Haali

2) Install ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre

3) Install latest FFDShow CLSID SVN build SourceForge.net: ffdshow tryouts: Files

4) Install the latest SAF https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-55/standalone-filters-mediaportal-saf-44614/

5) Uninstall Haali

6) Use RadLight Filter Manager to unregister MPA Audio Filter and all ArcSoft filters apart from the MKV splitter

7) Configure MP as per SAF recommended settings except for MPEG / AC3 / AAC Audio Decoder which should be set to FFDShow

Now all my mkv/mt2s files play perfectly using the inbuilt player including DD, DTS and TrueHD streams :D

Also the latest build of MPC-HC (v1029) has been updated to support MLP/TrueHD streams which means this should be available in SAF soon:

Media Player Classic Home Cinema - DXVA! - Page 356 - Doom9's Forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom