External player problem (1 Viewer)

bryanchicken

Portal Member
April 21, 2009
Hi,

i'm having a bit of difficulty getting media portal to play nicely with external players. My aim is to get x264 files to play with hardware acceleration to keep my cpu fans from blowing too loud.

I've tried using zoomplayer and mpc-hc.

Zoom player i have set up to use coreavc with CUDA acceleration.
MPC-HC is set up to use its internal filters using DXVA.

Both these players work flawlessly when started on their own.

However, when starting from media portal zoom player plays without activating the CUDA acceleration and MPC-HC plays with lots of stutter (unwatchable).

Does anyone know what i might have done wrong? I'm not using any command line switches for either player.

Hardware wise its a geforce 8200 mgpu with an AMD 4850e CPU. Although i can't see how hardware can be a problem when both players work with hardware acceleration when run alone.

I'm really stuck.

:D

Oh, and the internal player uses loads of CPU with coreavc (no CUDA either) and doesn't appear to activate HA with either the MPC-HC standalone filter or the cyberlink decoder.
And i've tried changing the MP renderer too with no luck.

thebalance

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 11, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've only found one way to fully resolve codec issues and that is a full reinstall - I've rebuilt my machine over this last week and installed SAF which is working with hardware acceleration succesfully but I think it is only because I didn't have anything else on the machine to confuse matters.

bryanchicken

Portal Member
    April 21, 2009
    sorry, what is SAF? I googled without much luck.

I might try a machine reinstall at the weekend. The strange thing is that the hardware acceleration IS working. Its just launching the player from media portal that screws it up.
    Is there any way media portal could be preventing dxva and cuda from kicking in?

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom