External settopbox channel control, how ?? (1 Viewer)

pshdo

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Holbaek, Denmark
Hi there.....

I have been playing with the TV-server, but one thing i can´t figure out is this:

How do i control channels from my settop-box ??

In the standard mediaportal TV-engine, it is easy, i just go into the "External" in
"Edit properties of TV channel" and type in the source and the channel-number.....

This option is not avalible in the TV-server, so how do i do this in the TV-server ??

BTW:
I use the Hauppauge IR-blaster and the plugin for this in the normal Mediaportal.......

pshdo

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Holbaek, Denmark
Hi there.....

Thanks for the answer...

I don´t think that the thread applys to my blaster, as the one i have is a Hauppauge one, attached to the PVR150 tv-card......

In the thread they are talking about re-mapping buttons and about MCE blaster and remotes......- not Hauppauge..... (or am i perhaps reading it wrong ??)

mamuli

February 24, 2007
In the standard mediaportal TV-engine, it is easy, i just go into the "External" in
"Edit properties of TV channel" and type in the source and the channel-number.....

Hi pshod,

It seems you have successfully been able to connect standard MP with STB. Need your help in this context. I am planning to recieve the STB output in the TV tuner card via caxial cable on channel 3. How can I confugure this in the "External" tab in
"Edit properties of TV channel"?

Thanks in advance.

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    pshdo,

Theres a pug-in in the TVEngine called ServerBlaster. Is the myblaster version to be used with the server engine.

You need to type the external channel number in the channel setup, use the channel number field. Then select the input for your STB.

At the plug-in sections, activate serverblaster and configure it. Just select witch card is controlling each blaster. You can also select the version of MS blaster and blaster speeds.

If you already use myblaster, just copy the myblaster.dat over the serverblaster.dat you will find in the tvserver configuration directory (just above the logs). It's the same file.

If you wanna take a look, and-81 also have a release of his blaster to be used with the TVEngine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom