[Finished] External Subtitles MP2 (1 Viewer)

Mr Flocky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2015
    Australia Australia
    Have been trialing MediaPortal 2 as a possible replacement for Windows Media Centre. It seems great, even my parents can use it. But there is one thing that I can't seem to get working and that is subtitles. I have external .srt files for all my movies and TV shows, and these play in other media players but no matter what I do, they don't seem to play in MP2.

Is there something I need to do to enable them, or do they simply not work. I need them as I am hard of hearing and have other people in the house who actually need to sleep sometimes, so I can't just keep turning the volume up...

Thanks.

aspik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Hi Mr Flocky,

support for external subtitles was added by one of our devs in October. If your are using the Summer '15 UP1 version then you have to install one of the development snapshots
    I would recommend the latest one which includes besides support for external subs many other fixes and improvements.

There is one limitation with the currently implementation, the MP2 server and client has to be on the same PC.

Mr Flocky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2015
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have been on the Summer '15 version - I'll give the update a whirl. Unfortunately the client PC is in my main living room, but I will muck around a bit to see if I can make magic happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    Icaro Close MP when the external player is started General Support 13
    cerberus Externer RC6 USB Empfänger gesucht Fernbedienung/Tastatur/IR 8
    M Problem With Sending Channel to External Program from TV3 Blaster IR Server Suite (IRSS) 1
    Icaro [solved] JRiver as external player Codecs, External Players 31
    Hotkey Search for external Graphic Card to use UHD w. 60Hz Video-Cards 0
    V EXTERNE FESTPLATTE KOPIEREN Hardware 4
    joecrow BD Playback with External Player (Unnecessary Menu) 1.19 5
    joecrow MP 1.19 BD Playback with External Player (Unnecessary Menu) General Support 0
    Rob Hexenmeister Detect recording in progress from external script (AHK) General Support 8
    P External Capture Cards General 3
    azzuro Update external binaries (mkvinfo,ffmpeg), evaluate 64-bit support Archive 26
    R How to launch Stereoscopic Player for 3D MKV OffTopic 4
    mickb Subtitles My TVSeries 4
    M.Hulot Blu-ray: Es werden nicht nur Forced Subtitles angezeigt Allgemeines Supportforum 1
    J How to change y position of subtitles General 2
    R [will not fix] [MP2-832] MP2.2.2 subtitles not shown for WTV files Submit: Bug Reports 7
    S Remote button to change audio and subtitle on / off General 10
    P [solved] ATSC subtitles not fixed yet? General 2
    E Swedish subtitles problem General 2
    ratata Someone stole my subtitles... General Support 0
    Dark Eyes Display subtitles on a separate display or device MediaPortal 1 Plugins 0
    R [solved] Command / Shortcut for changing subtitles or audio Archive 5
    K Multichannel audio and subtitles for TV not properly supported General Support 4
    S Display non english folder name, subtitle, etc. General 23
    S [solved] Movie SRT subtitle didn't display on client 2.2 Archive 18