[Finished] External Subtitles MP2 (1 Viewer)

Mr Flocky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Have been trialing MediaPortal 2 as a possible replacement for Windows Media Centre. It seems great, even my parents can use it. But there is one thing that I can't seem to get working and that is subtitles. I have external .srt files for all my movies and TV shows, and these play in other media players but no matter what I do, they don't seem to play in MP2.

Is there something I need to do to enable them, or do they simply not work. I need them as I am hard of hearing and have other people in the house who actually need to sleep sometimes, so I can't just keep turning the volume up...

Thanks.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Hi Mr Flocky,

support for external subtitles was added by one of our devs in October. If your are using the Summer '15 UP1 version then you have to install one of the development snapshots
    I would recommend the latest one which includes besides support for external subs many other fixes and improvements.

There is one limitation with the currently implementation, the MP2 server and client has to be on the same PC.

Mr Flocky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have been on the Summer '15 version - I'll give the update a whirl. Unfortunately the client PC is in my main living room, but I will muck around a bit to see if I can make magic happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom