Extra char added in Overview & losing file refs on update (1 Viewer)

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
After all the issues I had with creating a new DB from scratch (in another thread), I have found something new which has only started happening in the past couple of days.

When an episode overview contains quotes (either single or double), a \ is inserted before it.
Eg: instead of being man's, it will be man\'s
I have checked on TheTVDB, and there is no such character there. It doesn't happen to overviews for episodes that are already there (as I guess they aren't updated), just new ones.

Wondering if this is happening to anyone else. Or if it's just another peculiarity to just me...

Also, whenever I do an online update, I find that all the file references are removed (except for new episodes that were updated). In order to get all the file references back, I need to untick Online DB retrieval and do the import again. When I do this, all file references are back.

I should mention that I also have get all series info ticked.
Using MP 0.2.2.3RC1 and SVN and plugin V1.2.0.0 from the main MP download page.

safran64

Portal Member
June 25, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
When an episode overview contains quotes (either single or double), a \ is inserted before it.
Eg: instead of being man's, it will be man\'s
I have checked on TheTVDB, and there is no such character there. It doesn't happen to overviews for episodes that are already there (as I guess they aren't updated), just new ones.

Wondering if this is happening to anyone else. Or if it's just another peculiarity to just me...

Yep, I recognized that two days ago, too. But - more strangely - in my case these extra-chars are only inserted in series overviews NOT in episode overviews...
Though I also wasn't able to detect the inserted \ in the TVDB the problem must result from there because I haven't changed anything in Mediaportal or TVSeries plugin for the last days. :confused:

And: sorry, but I didn't understand what you meant with "file references"; didn't see more problems right now.

Clean

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I noticed the same thing regarding the escape character (the \). It is not in TVDB or in my DB but it is being displayed in the episode list.

I can't help with the file references error. I do not have that issue but I also do not get all episodes in a series, only the ones I have.

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
Thanks for the replies guys :D
It's kinda good to know that I've finally got a problem that others have as well.

Safran64, I have noticed the \ appearing in both series and episode overviews. Though episodes get updated more so only new series I get would possibly get the character in the series overview.
Sorry about the confusion about file references. I meant that there is a file associated with an episode in the DB, but most of the time when I do an online update of my shows, they all are lost except for new episodes (and I think the series I have marked as don't refresh). I need to do another refresh (usually with the online update unticked) to have the episodes linked to a file on the HDD again.

Clean, it's definitely something being added into my DB, as I have been going in through the details of the shows affected in the plugin setup and manually removing the \ from the overviews as I notice them. It only ever appears before single or double quotes (' or ").

Clean

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
You're right. I looked at and episode that was imported prior to 1.2. I am not using the SVN versions so I do not know if it has been fixed by now.

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
I'm sure that this has only started happening in the past 3 or 4 days though. Prior to that I don't think there were any issues. Though I guess it's a little hard to tell as I guess quotes are pretty rare in overviews...

safran64

Portal Member
June 25, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Yeah! I'm the man!!
Finally, I managed it to get the additional \ (I thought they were named 'backslash'?) in the episode overviews, too...:D
(btw titles or similar are affected, too)

I can agree for allmost sure, that this has nothing to do with TVSeries.

I saved and deleted my old TVSeries database for some tests but the results were the same like before.

But remembering what whatisk said I updated the latest Weeds episodes in TVDB and - voila - there we had our issue.

So this EXCLUSIVELY happens to series/episodes that have been inputted or saved in the past few days.
Older series/episodes are not affected until they are not saved.

I've allready written a post regarding this issue in the TVDB forum.

Hope we'll get some answers soon...

whatisk
Isn't it with the references as it should be/always was(filenames from disabled importing directories aren't shown anymore)? But can't say for sure because I leave them all tickked and I'm usually using "Keep refences to files that are not available"

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
Thanks for helping to get the \ issue sorted safran64!

Isn't it with the references as it should be/always was(filenames from disabled importing directories aren't shown anymore)? But can't say for sure because I leave them all tickked and I'm usually using "Keep refences to files that are not available"

I'm not sure if that's how it works or not, but very few of my series I've set to not refresh (maybe 5 or 6). It seems as though sometimes at the end of an online update, all the filename pointers are lost except for the new episodes it finds.
I then do an offline import and they are all back again.
It also seems to be regardless of whether they are set to refresh or not. I may just tick the 'do not clear ref for missing files' and see how that goes as I only add stuff, not delete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom