[solved] Extremely low audio with MP (ok with VLC and mediaplayer) (1 Viewer)

Kernel.32

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi,
I have my GTX 750ti HDMI output connected to my Panasonic TV.
All worked fine until today. Now to hear something I have to put my TV
volume at max (and I can barely hear it).

Using mediaplayer or VLC all works fine.

I've tried changing volume inside mediaportal (with "+" and "-"), but nothing happens (I only see osd volume bar changing).
I have latest LAV filters, latest drivers, latest mediaportal release and win 8.1 pro x64.

Any help is very appreciated.
Thanks

Kernel.32

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Italy Italy
If you mean the slider that appears when you press + or - , it's at max, and it does not affect volume at all. Also putting that slider to 0, I can hear the same extremely low volume.
If I go to Windows sound mixer when mediaportal is reproducing media, I can do a test and I can hear test sounds at correct volume level.

Last edited:

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    its also possible your MePo volume is set very low in the Windows "mixer". Right click on the speaker icon in your "notification area" of the task bar. See picture

Attachments

• MePoVolume.PNG
      MePoVolume.PNG
      18.4 KB

Kernel.32

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Problem solved!
    I've checked again windows mixer, and Mediaportal volume was at max and, as I've said, changing Mediaportal volume doesn't affected volume at all.
    I have an amplifier connected through s/pdif (I use it sometimes for music), and I decided to disable it in reproduction devices. After disabling it, I was able to see the "real" mediaportal volume in the mixer (it was near to 0), and I was now able to turn up the volume!
    So windows was displaying (and regulating) amplifier volume and not the HDMI audio device (setted as default).
    Thanks for your suggestions!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom