[solved] - F-secure deepguard partly blocked TV-service

Discussion in 'General Support' started by HakanThn, December 23, 2015.

1. HakanThn

HakanThn Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    Yesterday two of my three tuner cards stopped working - I get a "failed to start graph" error message when trying to watch TV.
    Can't Think of anything that could cause this, no Changes or updates for a long time. TV-server is unstable now and then - need restart about once a week - but I've never had this problem Before.
    Please help, unusable system during christmas is not good for family Peace...

Logs attached.
    14:54:08 Succesfully started watching TV6 (on Hauppauge DVB-T card)
    14:55:02 Tried to watch SVT1HD (on Blackgold DVB-T2 card): Failed to start graph
    14:55:11 Tried to watch Kanal 5 (on DigitalDevices Cine-S2 card): Failed to start graph

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

I suggest you try restarting the PC. If that doesn't help, check your Windows application and system event log files. It looks like some Windows updates were performed last night (22 December). That could be the cause. Also I see your F-Secure software has been blocking TV Server from doing things:
    "2015-12-21 18:05:16";"FSecure-FSecure-F-Secure DeepGuard";"(0)";"Error";"1 2015-12-21 18:05:16+02:00 HTPC2 SYSTEM F-Secure DeepGuard Action by malware was blocked. Malware path: \\?\c:\program files (x86)\team mediaportal\mediaportal tv server\tvservice.exe File hash: 9de82070f176c70b243787f3745b60435461a929 ";"3221225575"

That could also be the cause of the problem.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HakanThn

HakanThn Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    You're a genius, many thanks!

Windows update is set on manual, but my Antivirus software is on automatic updates - I should have thought about that!
    After update of F-secure Deepguard it now interferes with TV-service, but setting TV-service to thrusted program solved the problem.

mm you've helped me before several years ago, I'm very grateful for your devotion to help us!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm happy to have been able to help again. Merry Christmas! :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!